PS Vita sales in Japan continued to decline last week according to Media Create’s weekly sales chart. The system moved 15,219 units, which is 3,142 units less than the prior week, and is the system’s lowest sales period since it launched in the region during December.
Furthermore, no software titles represented the system on Media Create’s top 20, as PS3 and PSP claimed three titles each and Xbox 360 had a software title in the top five, D3’s Onechanbara Z Kagura, which helped boots sales of the hardware by 69 units over the week prior.
The rest of the chart was was dominated by titles for 3DS and Wii, which had seven and six on offer, respectively.
Debuts for the period included Rhythm Thief and Onechanbara Z Kagura, which sold 31,598 and 22,013 units, respectively. Other debuts for the week were Heroes Phantasia and Beyond the Labyrinth, each moving under 16,000 units.
Mario Kart 7 was the clear winner though with 35,105 units sold, bringing its LtD total since releasing in December to 1,404,728 units.
Sales of current generation systems were down overall across the board, except, as noted above for Xbox 360. However, PS2 sales increased over the prior week by 137 units.
It’s unclear at present why PS2 had a boost in sales given the information provided to us at press time.
The full top 20 for the week with LtD sales in parentheses is posted below. Last week’s chart can be found here.
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01): 35,105 (1,404,728)
- [3DS] Rhythm Thief (Sega, 01/19): 31,598 <- NEW
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G (Cacpom, 12/10): 31,369 (1,159,866)
- [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 11/03): 26,051 (1,265,491)
-  Onechanbara Z Kagura (D3 Publisher, 01/19): 22,013 <- NEW
- [PSP] Heroes Phantasia (Namco Bandai, 01/19): 15,163 <- NEW
- [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5, 12/15): 14,190 (360,325)
- [3DS] Beyond the Labyrinth (Konami, 01/19): 14,176 <- NEW
- [PSP] Super Robot Taise OG Saga Masou Kishin II (Namco Bandai, 01/12): 11,598 (93,494)
- [PS3] Musou Orochi 2 (Tecmo Koei, 12/22): 10,690 (347,614)
- [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, 12/15): 8,706 (762,674)
- [WII] Just Dance Wii (Nintendo, 10/13): 8,315 (511,363)
- [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best(Cacpom, 09/22): 8,126 (171,906)
- [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo, 07/08/2010): 7,133 (2,273,318)
- [WII] Wii Sports Resort Wiimote Plus Pack (Nintendo, 11/11/2010): 6,594 (850,426)
- [WII] Hoshi no Kirby Wii (Nintendo, 10/27): 6,162 (585,260)
- [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, 04/10/2008): 6,137 (3,489,774)
- [PS3] Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Dubbed Version (Square Enix, 12/22): 5,945 (96,391)
- [3DS] Nintendogs + cats (Nintendo, 02/26): 5,932 (481,804)
- [WII] Go Vacation (Namco Bandai, Wii, 10/20): 5,460 (221,639)
The full hardware chart with last week’s sales in parentheses is below, courtesy of Andriasang.
- 3DS: 80,960 (100,668)
- PS3: 21,155 (30,332)
- PSP: 17,181 (22,538)
- PSV: 15,219 (18,361)
- Wii: 10,173 (14,179)
- X360: 1,588 (1,519)
- DSi LL: 1,200 (1,515)
- PS2: 903 (766)
- DSi: 822 (1,206)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.