Rumour: Syphon Filter 4, God of War IV announced next month

Monday, 23rd January 2012 10:28 GMT By Johnny Cullen

UK mag Play’s rumouring in its latest issue that Syphon Filter 4 and God of War IV are set to be announced next month for a holiday 2012 launch.

A 2012 launch has already been speculated for Kratos’s next, still-to-be-confirmed outing, while OPM Italy had previously mentioned a 2012 release.

Play has said development on SF4 is being handled by SCE Studio London, not Sony Bend as previously thought. Bend’s latest project is Vita launch title Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

It’s thought Bend is also working on a SF title for the handheld

On God of War IV, it was rumoured at the start of the year it’d feature online co-op. A composer has also listed the game as part of his CV.

Via Sillegamer.

1. Colin Gallacher

I really really hope this is true, Syphon Filter was one of my favourite series back on the PS1. Also…I hope they manage to bring the old voice actor back for Gabe.

2. StolenGlory

Loved the very first Syphon Filter title back in the day; the lovely little rattling sounds the carbines used to make when fired got me all excited as I recall.

The sequels though? Less so. Especially the PS2 abominations.

3. Erthazus

wow, this is huge.

Syphon series were awesome on PS1, on Ps2 they were mediocre to be honest, but let’s see what they are cooking with it for PS3.

4. ManWithNoName

I think God of War must really drop Kratos in favor of a new protagonist and new mythology. They wrapped the trilogy very well and I think there is space for new things. But of course a lot of people will hate the game before playing it if they do that.

5. absolutezero

The two Syphon Filter games on the PSP are some real hidden gems, they had a fully featured squite of online modes aswell. Not very many people playing as you would expect but when there was people about it was a great little game.

As always with these types of games the controls were the main point of irritation, now that hopefully Bend are producing one for the Vita that will no longer be an issue.

Just as long as they allow me to continue setting people on fire with my taser.

6. neo2012

Please be true!

The evidence is piling up regarding these unannounced titles.

They have to be in development.

Makes sense considering Sony has been notably quiet when it comes to their 2012 lineup.

7. El_MUERkO

MOAR SYPHON FILTER!!!!!

8. Moonwalker1982

I fully agree with that. They are awesome on the PSP, and those games give me hope that a PS3 SF could be really awesome, please let this rumour finally come true now.

9. Stoopid_Snot

If this is true… for christ sake Sony……… wait till E3…. then drop the bomb.

10. IL DUCE

Syphon Filter 4 will probably end up being a Vita game I’m thinking…maybe PSN release, i dont know if it will be a full game…just a feeling I have