Resident Evil: Retribution gets first trailer, goes heavy on Sony product placement

Thursday, 19th January 2012 03:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

G4′s aired the first trailer for upcoming Resident Evil movie Retribution. The trailer, which was shot off camera, aired on Attack of the Show. The video begins with The Who’s Baba O’Riley and lots of Sony product placement – including a PlayStation Vita – before getting into the action. What appears to be Ada Wong from Resident Evil 4 is also spotted near the end. Coincidently timed ahead of a possible RE6 reveal later tonight, wouldn’t you think?

Get the video below the break. Retribution launches this fall.

1. Kenshin1870

i’m sick of alice sh…maybe finally somebody kill her for real the only interest part is Ada Wong xDDDDDDDD

Pd: i don’t but it seems that michelle scream Leon, if it is true ohh yeah finally the boss is coming

2. Erthazus

Gosh, i could understand the first movie, everything else is a total suckage.
    Last movie was horrible.

3. Johnny Cullen

Err… Tron Legacy at the end? :/

4. Johnny Cullen

I’ve added a direct-feed version.

5. The_Red

The last movie makes the whole trilogy look like LOTR!

6. The_Red

I’ve been trying to understand this teaser for a few minutes and all I can think of now is “Sony devices destroy the world”.

Either that or it’s just a commercial about the following Sony products: Smart Phones, Gaming portables, Tables, viruses and Zombies.

7. Eregol

Did I see Michelle Rodriguez in there? Didn’t she die in the first film?

8. DarkElfa

I think someone’s been watching too much Underworld.

9. NinjaMidget

I think my hatred for this series of movies cannot be justified any more than with this trailer being released

A new piece of disgust to add to the pile is blatantly using iconic music from another film in a way that strangely detracts any potential merit in that trash.

And by merit, I really am setting the bar low in that its a miracle that Wes Anderson managed to figure out how to switch on a camera. Shame that nobody creating this film seems to know how to use the bloody thing competently!

10. SplatteredHouse

It probably seemed like a good idea, on paper.
    Two things though, that Screen Gems is Sony studio, and what else, who else’s technology should they have paid extra, added to the film’s expenditure to use, simply to convey the point?

(first time, when I thought I was watching an internet pre-video ad, and wondering when the trailer would start, I didn’t notice the Sony connection between those products at all)

But I’ve watched it numerous times now, and found a higher Q. version, and I can then see how the trailer comes across. But I am not convinced it is their intent.

11. Eregol

The first film was ok. It went downhill after that. Such a shame as all the ingredients were there for a good film.

What were those flying things supposed to be exactly?

12. Jensen6

really looking forward to this movie