Bayonetta’s main programmer confirmed as Metal Gear Rising’s director

Thursday, 19th January 2012 10:56 GMT By Johnny Cullen

This week’s Famitsu’s confirmed that Metal Gear Rising’s director is Kenji Saito. Saito, who was the main programmer on Bayonetta, was confirmed to be in the role as a part of a roundtable interview for the game featuring Hideo Kojima, Platinum CEO Tatsuya Minami and producer Atsushi Inaba. It was previously speculated that Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya was directing the project, but it was something he continuously denied on Twitter.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. The_Red

Dammit no. I want Bayonetta 2 now. Seriously, MGS was great. Heck, MGS3 was sublime but it’s time to move on. Bayonetta is the best hack n slash game after Ninja Gaiden Black and possibly the only worthy successor to the great DMC1.

2. Monk

@1 I think what you saying is true, but Kamiya has always trying himself in different category of games and he succeed, from RE2 to DMC and through Viewtiful Joe and okami and now Bayonetta.

I think Kamiya will not limit himself in hack n slash games but to try a new methods and new games, so that why I so excited to know what he`s doing right now !

3. ManuOtaku

I do wonder if these guys were also responsible for God Hand, if thats the case i could be no more hyped for this game, God hand was a gem of a game, sad it was underapreciated by gamers and some media outlets.

4. The_Red

@2 Good point about Kamiya but we’re not talking about him. I think they confirmed that he’s not working on Rising.
    @3 Some of these guys were in the legendary team behind that gem. God Clover was awesome. F*** you again Capcom.

5. Monk

@4 l know you are not talking about him, but I’m refering to your point about Bayoentta 2 as Kamiya is the director of the game!

6. Thalius

I love Metal Gear Solid games but a hack and slash Metal Gear doesnt really make much sense to me but i’ll keep an open mind…

7. osric90

@6 I’m with you. Why didn’t they take DMC instead of MGS. It doesn’t make any sense and it won’t make any more of it when it comes out.