Wii U panoramic view demo shown at CES

Friday, 13th January 2012 16:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Nintendo Life‘s posted a video showing a panoramic view demo for Wii U during CES. As far as we’re aware, and as mentioned in the video, this was never shown as part of the console’s unveil at E3 last year. The demo shows a street view of a Tokyo, with the magic happening on the tablet. Get the video below the break.

Wii U is set to launch later this year.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

a Tokyo?

Seems like the guy says the games will be in true 1080p. Is it okay to call bullshit on that?

2. RandomTiger

@1 He said its capable of 1080p, the Wii-U is meant to be comparable spec to current gen so it can run 1080p just like the others but unless they force developers to use 1080 in the submission process its likely most developers will choose to run at lower resolutions in order to prioritize other features.

3. fearmonkey

They still haven’t released definite specs, all we have is the leaked or guessed specs of the machine. It would be nice if those leaked specs were incorrect, and Nintendo has upped them a bit. The leaked specs have the GPU as a R770 which released in 2008, a console released in 2012 shouldn’t have a 4 year old Directx 10 GPU.

4. freedoms_stain

1080p doesn’t require much power.

@2, not much is known about the Wii-U specs, but its cpu is rumoured to be much more powerful than the current gen at least.

5. Christopher Jack

Anyone actually excited for this yet? I also know the general public is confused about it, they don’t know whether its just a tablet add on or what.

6. mongbatstar

I don’t get it, why I should fork out for a new console that’s just as powerful as the current gen?

Surely if I cared about having a tablet I’d have one by now?

7. Telepathic.Geometry

I am excited about the Wii U because it has a lot of potential to be awesome. But having said that, I’m already out. I’ve decided to bail on my long Nintendo ove affair. I’m still interested to see what they end up doing though. It’s for sure that Wii U, for all its faults (at least as far as I can tell), will be responsible for some unique and interesting software, as was the Wii.

8. Erthazus

I’m not buying this for sure this time around.

I sold my Wii after 1 year and making a console with a tablet that have single touch screen is enough for me.

No one makes a tablet with “single touch” unless it’s a crappy one from third party companies. Single touch screen in 2012 is just stupid and outdated especially for a gaming device.

9. Christopher Jack

You can buy a cheap arse Chinese 1Ghz ARM tablet with a ‘single touch’(resistive) screen for like $100. How much do you reckon Nintendo will charge just for just the tablet? I doubt it has much powering it too. Quite frankly I was pleasantly surprised with Razer’s tablet although I’d prefer if the controllers were detachable & that the left side was designed more like a traditional D-pad. Also think the tablet has a Intel HD GPU… I think I’ll hold off on tablets until their innards are comparable in specs to traditional laptops @ a similar price.