Video for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demonstrates hero hobbies

Tuesday, 10th January 2012 22:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

38 Studios has released a new video for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, showing off the various crafting options in the game. Crafting skills shown include blacksmithing, sage crafting, and alchemy. It also delves into how to develop the mercantile skill in order to negotiate pricing with various merchants across the game’s landscape. Players will also need to practice using a silver-tongue in order to get out of sticky situations using persuasion or intimidation. Stealth and lock picking were also touched upon in the video, which is posted below courtesy of Gamespot. Reckoning is out next month on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. A demo for the game is also now available on Xbox 360 for Gold members.

1. YoungZer0

Nah, count me out. The gameplay looks dull, the art-direction looks like a mix between Fable and WoW, which is not good since it’s lacking its own personality. And the story (Which mostly drives my gaming experience now) doesn’t look interesting at all.

2. Edo

#1 Demo is coming out next week so you can try it.

3. polygem

i will try this one out for sure. @ 1: i can see what u mean but it could still turn out to be awesome. the combat looks kinda generic but fun…

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Count me the fuck in. I’m loving everything I see about this game.

5. LOLshock94

not even gunna lie but this looks pretty good

6. teribithia

7. YoungZer0

“IMO every game’s video are looks pretty, but when you play it, most are bad . Also the game’s image are too expensive to exhaust the BOX battery .”

You lost me with the second sentence.

8. fearmonkey

I am really looking forward to this one, hopefully the demo is good impresses. This is going to be my first new game of 2012.