Asura’s Wrath gets 360 demo: 10 batshit minutes at 720p

Tuesday, 10th January 2012 16:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Microsoft put out the Asura’s Wrath demo this afternoon, revealing an insane game based on rockets, gods and quicktime events. Genius cannot be described with words. Watch ten minutes of it below, sans voiceover. It releases in Japan today, in the US on February 21 and in the EU on February 24.

1. TheBlackHole

What. The. Fuck.

2. Se_7_eN

360 exclusive in Japan = FAIL

If it was on any other console over there I bet it would sell like hotcakes!

I myself, think it looks terrible.

3. Gheritt White

Yes, I’m significantly *less* interested in this game now. Looks barely more than an interactive cut-scene.

4. noherczeg

CGI looked interesting, this looks like shit :P

5. Kabby

What’s with washed out, muddy colours? It’s like someone shit a Mars bar over the camera.

6. Ireland Michael

The game looked crap from day one. I have no idea why this game got half as much attention as it did.

7. ManuOtaku

I dont care about this demo, after the fiasco of the Battlefield 3 “demo”, i wont judge any game from a demo anymore, i will still wait this game with great anticipation

8. Moonwalker1982

People judge this game by a video? DON’T!!!! Try the demo out for yourself.

Yes the first chapter is mostly automatic gameplay, alot of QTE and some running around. The second chapter is a fight against a swordsman and i absolutely loved this fight. It’s all realtime, and not nearly as much QTE as the first boss. I hope there will be normal levels where you fight multiple baddies and some exploring, that would be good for variety.

9. Gigabomber

It’s shocking if you’ve never seen Dragon Ball Z, but every single scenario shown was directly inspired from DBZ and it is obvious.