Join the Battlefield 3 Metal vs Hip Hop Challenge this weekend

Saturday, 7th January 2012 20:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA’s hosting a Battlefield 3 event this weekend, which will give you the chance to play alongside members from Korn, Megadeth, Outkast and hip-hop artist Mickey Factz.

In order to participate, you will need to become a fan of the Platoon of your choice on Battlelog or directly through Metal Platoon pages created by Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine and Korn’s Jonathan Davis.

The first event is going on as we type, but there is one going on tomorrow as well.

• Representing Team Metal: Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine vs. Representing Team Hip Hop: Big Boi (Outkast)
  • Time: 10AM-12PM PST, January 7, 2012
  • Weapon of choice: Battlefield 3, Xbox 360
  • Map and mode: Strike at Karkand, Conquest Assault

MATCHUP NO. 2

• Representing Team Metal: Korn’s Jonathan Davis vs. Representing Team Hip Hop: Mickey Factz
  • Time: 10AM-12PM PST, January 8, 2012
  • Weapon of choice: Battlefield 3, PlayStation 3
  • Map and mode: Strike at Karkand, Conquest Assault

Thanks, Roadrunner Records.

1. LOLshock94

br0ck 0bama For daH lulz

2. Talkar

Who is Big Boi & Mickey Factz? o.O

3. Ireland Michael

Wow. Tacky.

4. DSB

I don’t think you could possibly get any more clueless than that. But I guess going for Roadrunner Records that’s to be expected.

There’s no fucking way I’d play with Mustaine, and I’m pretty sure he’d whine like a little bitch as soon as he went down and try to sic Jesus on me or something.

5. BULArmy

If I had one of the playboxes I would have joined, but I only have a PC and I feel discriminated right now. I really like to play along uncle Dave.

DSB why the hate for Dave?

6. GwynbleiddiuM

DSB, I was right with you until the Mustaine part. -_-

7. OrbitMonkey

Celebrity Team Deathmatch? I approve! May I humbly suggest PlayBoy Bunnies V The cast of glee as a future listing?

8. Ireland Michael

@4 Everyone on this list is terrible.

Though I would love to get on the Korn side, just to ask Jonathan Davis why he’s still whining about his life like an angst ridden teenager, when he’s in his 40s.

9. OrbitMonkey

^ it’s hard being a rockstar yo.

10. GwynbleiddiuM

@8 Cause it sells well to angst ridden teenagers?

11. OrbitMonkey

@8 besides talking to someone on the ps3? *no chance* ;-)

12. Clupula

As soon as I saw the headline, my first question was…which side exactly was Korn going to be on?

13. DSB

@5 Because he’s a narcicistic, underachieving whiny christian-in-name-only.

The guy is pathetic. If he isn’t blaming drugs for his own fuck-ups, he’s blaming people around him, and the only reason why he’s resorted to christianity is to add yet another excuse for his behaviour.

Dave Mustaine hates metal, and metal hates him.