Due to a high population on various Star Wars: The Old Republic servers, some player are being tossed into a queue in order to access their characters. Because of this, many have requested that their characters be transferred to servers with a lower number of players. BioWare has made note of the request, but at present, the game doesn’t support transfers and while the firm’s working on implementing the feature, there isn’t an ETA on when it will be made available.
For new players, BioWare said a few servers have reached a population limit so it recommends starting a character on a server with a lower population
Here is a list of high density servers to avoid, courtesy of GameFront:
- The Harbinger – US West Coast – PvE
- The Swiftsure – US West Coast – PvP
- The Fatman – US East Coast – PvP
- Bloodworthy – EU English – PvP
- Frostclaw – EU English – PvE
- Legions of Lettow – EU English – PvP
- The Red Eclipse – EU English – PvE
- Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English – PvP
- Darth Revan’s Mask – EU German – PvP
- Darth Traya – EU German – PvP
- Jar’Kai Sword – EU German – PvP
BioWare is also readying a public test server for the game, which will give subs a chance to test patches and updates before implemented into the game. Eventually, players will be able to copy current characters onto the test server like other MMOs, but the option will not be available at launch.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.