Zenonia 4 releases on iOS today, free

Wednesday, 21st December 2011 23:41 GMT By Andrew Groen

You may not have heard of Zenonia, but it’s a fav-rave on the iPhone, especially in South Korea where its creators hail from. Over the past few years the series has been one of the most consistently solid action RPGs on the system, and that alone has garnered it a loyal fanbase.
Today the newest entry in the series launched, and the developer is taking a bit of a new direction. The game is entirely free, but the production values have been ramped up considerably with HD graphics.

Via Kotaku.

1. Lahanas

VG247 please dont post so many iOS gaming news, nobody gives a rat’s ass. It’s not real gaming.

2. ultramega

They don’t care. This is why I hardly come to the site anymore.

3. LOLshock94

umm i care

4. The Evil Pope

So what is “real” gaming dumb-dumb?! Your 360/PS3/Wii?

5. Ireland Michael

@1 and @2, then please kindly fuck off if you don’t like it.

Have either of you even played this? This series is more of a real RPG than 90% of the “real” games that come out on home consoles nowadays.

6. Lahanas

I am not talking about the game itself, but the platforms. Nobody gives a rat’s ass about iOS games, and we come to VG247 to read news about serious games on consoles and pc, not the shovelware on iphone.

7. Ireland Michael

@6 There are plenty of people who are interested in iOS games, myself included. In fact, being a huge Zenonia fan, I’m very glad to hear that this game is out.

This is a valid game. Therefore, there is a news story on it.

“We come to VG247 to read news about serious games on consoles and pc”

Then go read those stories? The site isn’t suddenly lacking in them because of this one story or anything.

8. Gadzooks!

No, we do care about iOS, and all other platforms because they are all places to play games. We like games here, you see.

Go away to hardcoreshooters.com or platformwarriors.net or whatever small-minded community that makes you feel superior to other gamers.

9. kezwar

@Lahanas I think you’re out of touch somewhat. iOS has become a credible platform in its own right. It might not be on par with consoles/PC, but news like this is still valid. I for one was glad to hear this news, which I actually read on CVG, and I downloaded it this morning. I certainly wouldn’t have known otherwise.