Muzyka: Next Dragon Age may draw from Skyrim

Tuesday, 20th December 2011 21:55 GMT By Andrew Groen

According to a report filed by Wired.com today, the Bioware’s Dr. Ray Muzyka said today that the next Dragon Age title will draw from the successes of other games in the genre, including Skyrim.

Muzyka mostly took the opportunity to reassure fans that Bioware understands a lot of the gripes the fans had with Dragon Age 2, and that Bioware is working to correct a lot of those problems.

“[The next Dragon Age] is gonna have the best of features from the prior Dragon Age games, but it’s also gonna have a lot of things I think players are gonna find compelling from some of the games that are out now that are doing really well with more of an open world feel,” Muzyka told Wired in New York City today.

“We’re checking [Skyrim] out aggressively. We like it. We’re big admirers of [Bethesda] and the product. We think we can do some wonderful things.”

Muzyka also teased fans with an extremely vague hint about what may be to come in the Dragon Age series. “Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans,” Muzyka said. “I’ve seen something in the last couple of weeks that is really the future of that franchise that is so compelling, I am so looking forward to being able to announce it.”

1. fearmonkey

An open world Bioware game sounds amazing to me, i have been wanting that for a long time. I would be surprised if the next Dragon age game went full out that direction though. I am looking forward to seeing what they do for the next game.
    I loved Origins, DA:2 was fun but lacked the power of the first game.

I’d love a Mass Effect or Scifi open world game too Bioware….

2. OrbitMonkey

I used to be a fan of open world adventure… But then I took a arrow to my ps3 :’(

3. Maximum Payne

I just hope to take their time like they do it with ME series.

4. fearmonkey

@2 – I hear that, it would be tough to endure PS3′s Skyrim issues. I love Bethesda but that would have me upset if I was playing on a PS3.

5. OrbitMonkey

^ I have to admit that when the first patch came in that removed all resistances, I wanted to chuck it in. But that was on all formats not just the PS3.

I am worried that it’ll start to screw up when I’ve got a gamesave with 60 hours in it, but hey ho, maybe they’ll have it fixed by then? *crosses fingers and toes*

6. absolutezero

Jeez Dr Ray your not going after Call of Duty’s audience anymore?

Oh Skyrim, makes sense then.

7. LOLshock94

whatever you do ray DO NOT LISTEN TO THE FANS, they have no idea how to make a game or what will work and not work in your games.

8. absolutezero

Thats good because Dr Ray has no fucking idea either.

9. DSB

Dr Ray declares “This game will be everything ever”.

Fool me once and what not.

10. back_up

don’t care about DA3
    DA2 was pretty meh and looked like rushed

11. YoungZer0

Let’s hope it keeps the art-direction from the second one. That’s the only thing that separates the game from your run-of-the-mill RPG.

12. Dark

Don’t admire Bethesda, Muzyka, a company that release broken games. DA2 had it’s faults but it wasn’t broken.