Alan Wake’s American Nightmare gets extended reveal trailer

Monday, 19th December 2011 13:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Remedy’s released an extended version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare’s reveal trailer today, as you’ll see below. The movie’s part of a drop related to a preview embargo, which has now lifted. We visited Remedy in Finland to see the game earlier this month, and found plenty of shooting and serial murder: catch out impressions here.

1. YoungZer0

Looks even worse than the first one if you ask me. :/

2. freedoms_stain

ROFL, this is cheesier than Garth Marenghi’s Dark Place, and that was SUPPOSED to be cheesy.

3. Butcher8

Excellent lighting effects as before and great looking for an arcade game, defo will be all over it on release.

4. RandomTiger

Will get this if the price is reasonable.

5. Psychotext

@2: This is supposed to be cheesy too. You should have a look at what they list as their influences for the game.

Anyway, looks fun. Will give it a blast.

6. Maximum Payne

Little bit out of topic but after playing Batman Arkham Asylum/City remind me how good Alan Wake could have been if they stay with open ended gameplay.

7. NiceFellow

Too cheesy and too combat orientated for me. AW I liked but also found disappointing and I by the looks of this it’s moving even further away from what I want.

Still a nice engine mind – wonder how it’ll look when they final deliver it on PC?

8. loki

I don’t need this DLC because PC port of AW
    I’m don’t want support PC torrents user

9. absolutezero

@6 im of completely the opposite opinion for some reason, I thought the first Batman title was far stronger than the second because it contained and focused its open world alot more.

You got a glimpse of what an truely Open Alan Wake game would be like towards the end of the original game. It was horrible. Sure if given the time and backing from MS it could have been spectacular like those original vision videos all those years ago.

10. Maximum Payne

@9 Well I didn’t play game (Alan Wake) but I met like whole exploration thing like investigating strange house on hill or crossing the bridge to find what is on other side.
    I actually that how I imagine Supernatural game (tv show) :D

11. osric90

Let’s play this one naked when on PC.