Thu, Jan 05, 2012 | 17:52 GMT
Modern Warfare 3 is Redbox’s #1 rental of 2011
Automated video game and DVD rental service Redbox has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was the number one most rented game in all of 2011. Which is an impressive feat considering it’s only been out for a month.
The company made the announcement as they released the full Top 10 list of their most popular rentals. The list, though topped by the obvious winner in MW3 (Xbox 360, the PS3 version was #5 as well), is full of surprises. Notably, the Xbox 360 dominates the list while PS3 only appears once. Check out the full list after the break, and you can view offerings available through the service on its official website.
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
3. Dead Island (Xbox 360)
4. Cars 2 (Wii)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
6. Brink (Xbox 360)
7. The Smurfs Dance Party (Wii)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty Black Ops (Xbox 360)
10. Transformers Dark of the Moon (Xbox 360)