Modern Warfare 3 players hit with 5,000 day ban

Wednesday, 14th December 2011 03:23 GMT By Brenna Hillier

MP1st received reports and a screenshot showing one Xbox Live member’s 5,000 day ban from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – that’s almost 14 years. Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling confirmed the number isn’t an error. “If you see this message, it means you’ve been Permabanned (for something bad),” he explained.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Droid

I’ve never understood the allure in cheating for any game personally. What’s the point in buying it and getting instant kills or seeing through walls or whatever? It just ruins the point of the game you purchased in the first place, as it takes no effort or any skill, so why bother. Is it that you want to look like the ‘best’ in everything, and can’t admit being ‘average’ at things or even a failure? If you hack the game to impress other people who make them too then why dont those people play on a few select servers to show off to each other? If anyone whos cheated in the past has some answers I’d love to hear them.

2. G1GAHURTZ

I don’t understand cheats either, but tbh, I think it’s some sort of psychological issue, such as a deep sense of insecurity or an inferiority complex. For online cheaters, at least.

Either way, you’ve clearly got to have nothing less than a complete lack of empathy for other people and their gaming experience.

The only logical reason to cheat online is to try and fool people into believing that you’re better than you are.

The only thing is that, and this is basically what I tell them, no matter what weapon cammos or callsigns they have or how impressive their falsified stats look, they’ll always be nothing more than an average player who can’t shoot straight.

IYAM, they should be banned from all online gaming for life. Not just from one game for 5000 days.

Let them cheat the computer AI, where they’re not able to ruin other people’s gaming experience.

3. stretch215

What kinds of hacks are people using? I’ve seen some crazy shit that I thought was a cheat, but I have no idea how that shit works.

4. K-V-C

and who will be playing mw3 in 14 years lol !!!!! its pretty much game over if u are banned

5. DSB

@2 I don’t believe in fucking with peoples purchases, but you’re absolutely right in that they do ruin the game for everybody else.

As such, I think the most fitting punishment would be to set up quarantine servers that are limited to cheaters.

Let them play with the same kind of scum they are, and see how much fun they have. It would almost be poetic, putting them head to head with themselves.

6. JeRicHoOL

Just in case anyones is still wondering why he got banned. He used the 10th Prestige hack.