Rumor – US voice actor claims to be working on “Half Life Episode 3″

Friday, 9th December 2011 18:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Half-Life 3 rumors have been swirling the net since Half-Life 2 was released to the console masses in fall 2007 via The Orange Box. Starting last week, the rumor sector lit up to boiling when a Half-Life 3 shirt was sported by a Valve employee at an event, which was either the biggest troll ever or the smarted marketing ploy in the world. Today, a “US-based voice actor” has told OXM they recent recorded lines for “Half Life Episode 3″. OXM has asked the actor for further clarification on the matter. This could be another massive troll, a lie, or a slip of the tongue. No matter what the case may be, one thing is for certain: if Half-Life 3 or Episode 3 is in the works, Valve will announce it when it is damned good and ready to do so – unless there’s a proof-positive leak beforehand. [pic]

1. DSB

Squeal internet, squeal like a pig!

2. Stephany Nunneley

3. deathgaze

Epic win, Steph. Two thumbs up. :D

4. anjin

5. HeavyD-Love

6. OrbitMonkey

Pfft who’s gonna buy this shit? We’ll all be playing Halo: Modern Battlefield 7, by the time Valve curl this one out -_-

7. Talkar

I still don’t get why HL3 or Episode 3 or whatever is so anticipated. Sure HL2 was somewhat okay, but wasn’t really that entertaining (to me personally of course xD ). I myself prefer a good game of ladder matches in SC2 any day over HL2 ^^

8. HeavyD-Love

^ Because at the time of their release, both HL1 (1998) and HL2 (2004) were ground breaking in more areas than just graphical upgrade.

I think I can safely say we’re all waiting to be blown away with something special for HL3.

9. Edo

#8 True dat.

10. Talkar

#8
    I can’t really see what was ground breaking, sure the gravity and physics were good, but i wouldn’t call ‘em groundbreaking, and the story is pretty generic in my opinion :/

11. bpcgos

Have you ever played physic based gameplay before HL 2?? And sorry, not that funny ragdoll you saw everytime your enemies died like in Max payne 2! Or another physics based puzzle platform that requires you to stay out of the ground directly to avoid the giant ant ! Or maybe explosion that could trigger another explosion or burn anything made from woods and other burnable substance! Last but not least, that beautiful face of Alyx with her eyes staring right at you (sometimes she will make me creepy because of her believeable mimic and thinking its just a realtime CG) ?? YEs, graphically it would have been beaten by DOOM 3, but its surely more than just graphic!

It would be very different case if you played it just recently and not near its release date!

12. daytripper

in my opinion the orange box is one of the best deals in software ever, the half life games blew me away by it’s style, level design, voice acting and soundtrack – just an incredible experience.