Raptr has releases its inaugural Most Played Games list across various game genres, and has also detailed how gamers are spending time in each. Turns out, Skyrim leads the list with two wins: Most Played RPG and Overall Most Played Game.
Raptr tracks actual gameplay data from its user base of over 10 million gamers, and statistics were determined based on: total hours played in the first month; average session length in the first month; and average playtime per person in the first week.
According to the service, playtime data from Wii and PS3 were not included due to data restrictions.
The recipients of Raptr’s Most Played Awards of 2011 are as follows:
- Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12 (EA Sports)
- Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social (EA Play)
- Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire (Rockstar)
- Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 earned double the amount of playtime in its opening month than Battlefield 3 did in its opening month.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dominated the RPG category with six times more total playtime than the closest competitor, Dragon Age 2.
- DC Universe Online experienced a 2500% increase in total playtime per day after switching from a subscription business model to free-to-play.
- The Sims Social accumulated more total playtime in its opening month than all other social games released in 2011 in their respective opening months.
You can view the entire Raptr report through here.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.