Mon, Dec 05, 2011 | 07:26 GMT
Politician jumps the gun with detailed Fruit Ninja announce
NSW deputy premier Andrew Stoner has announced a new Fruit Ninja game, outlining a number of gameplay details not yet confirmed by developer Halfbrick.
In a press release issued this morning, Stoner claimed the game would be the first new project from Halfbrick’s Sydney studio, funded in part by the Interactive Media Fund.
“The new game will involve players launching a series of fruit to knock ninjas off their towers in a 3D world, with each fruit having special powers. The game, due out in 2012, will initially be developed for Apple’s iOS mobile operating system but will later be provided for other platforms including Android,” the statement said.
Halfbrick told Gamespot that the studio would indeed be working on the new Fruit Ninja game, but that no details had been locked down.
“At this stage we are beginning the prototyping phase of our Sydney-based Fruit Ninja project and all gameplay details are still completely unconfirmed,” marketing director Phil Larsen said.
“We’ll be making something new and it will be a great addition to our Fruit Ninja franchise, but the game could definitely take many different directions – the team is just getting started. Very early days so the only official word from Halfbrick is that it will be Fruit Ninja and it will be awesome. We will have more to share in 2012.”