65% of Heavy Rain players saved Shaun

Monday, 5th December 2011 22:59 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Of Heavy Rain’s 3 million players, over one third failed to save the Origami Killer’s next victim.

In an infographic posted on IGN, Quantic Dream revealed that 74% of players finished the game. Only 33% did so keeping everyone alive, and only 4% have completed the game enough times to see all the endings.

While 95% started off strongly by winning the first action sequence, only 65% saved Shaun from the Origami Killer.

The game’s platinum trophy is clearly one of the least accessible, with just 3% of players nabbing it.

Thanks, Shack.

1. Talkar

TBH i hate kids x)

2. strikkebil

where is ur next game cage!?
    i wants it NOW!

3. Gekidami

Getting the plat is way to much of a chore. It wants you to get every ending scene and there are about 17 of them, which means playing the game over and over. Unless you’re a trophy whore, thats asking way too much.

4. moargamezpleeze

I saved shaun! Now where is my free T-Shirt saying “Press X to Jason”

5. Ireland Michael

This news story would have been infinitely funnier had Shaun been capitalised in the heading.

Just sayin’.

6. TD_Monstrous69

@4 LOL. I’m part of the 35% who failed to rescue Shawn, had Norman Jayden die in the junkyard, and had Ethan Mars hang himself in his prison cell, next to 1000 folded paper cranes {SPOILER ALERT}, for me, one of the saddest, grittiest games I’ve ever played, and that’s a good thing.

7. Lloytron

I saved Shaun.

I don’t recall agreeing to any agreements where they could analyse my saved games though?

Or was agreeing to the Eula one of the many things I just skipped past?

8. Maxey

@7 This is only based on the number of trophies that get uploaded to the Sony servers.

When you sync your trophies, you’re sending info on the trophies you got.

9. TheWulf

Y’know, saving Shaun and everyone else, including helping Jaden with his addiction, isn’t actually that hard. My gran managed to pull it off.

10. RyougaZell

This platinum is the easiest I’ve gotten… took about 1 more day after finishing the game the 1st time.

11. Stardog

I fluked it. Somehow chose the correct location.