Xenoblade Chronicles to release in the US in April 2012

Friday, 2nd December 2011 15:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has confirmed that Xenoblade Chronicles will finally hit American shores in April 2012.

The confirmation comes after a shot posted on NeoGAF showed what appeared to be a taken from GameStop’s database. The screen shows an April 3 date, and an that the game would be a store exclusive.

We called our local GameStop, and the salesperson on the phone confirmed the information, but Nintendo has yet to get back with us regarding whether it will indeed be a GS exclusive or not.

The official NOA Facebook page has posted character renders from the game, and the link at the beginning of the post shows some as well.

1. ManuOtaku

Great news, i will pick one too, just to support this and let know nintendo is worth bringing this tittles stateside, now iam waiting for last story and pandoras, what a way to end this week great news indeed.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Like I said in the post NOA has yet to get back with me on this, but, GS confirmed all the information was correct. Unless the local store employees are on crack, it sounds like a sure thing.

3. ManuOtaku

#2, well i know it is not confirmed by Nintendo, but at least gives a big deal of hopes, thats more than we have before dont you think? ;)

4. Stephany Nunneley

Indeed! It’s going to be a day one for me.

5. RyougaZell

I’m not really interested in this game… but if this games does come I’ll buy it to support it.

6. StolenGlory

This is GREAT news. I’m glad the US folk will be able to get their hands on this gem too!

7. Ireland Michael

Wonderful news. You US lot are in for a real treat.

8. IrrationalGamer

I think we could have used this game way back in July/August when there wasn’t anything. I don’t think I’ll be willing to pony up $50 for this game the month after I play Mass Effect 3.

Why don’t publishers distribute through Amazon if they’re so worried about a lack of sales?

9. Sid

I hope this is true! Totally unfair that you didn’t get this masterpiece yet, US friends! (french gamer, who enjoyed a lot Xenoblade)

10. DarkElfa

Fuck this news. Either remake Xenogears for the PS3 or make a true sequel.

None of these quasi-connected Xeno games have come anywhere near the same ball park as Xenogears. Hell, I don’t like Sony and I don’t own any consoles, but I’d buy a PS3 tomorrow on just the announcement of a Xenogears remake.

Anyone who responds negatively to this post touches animals in their naughty places.

I win the internet.

I WIN THE INTERNET!

11. Stephany Nunneley

Well, NOA has double confirmed it, but still hasn’t said if it is a GS-exclusive or not.

12. DarkElfa

@11 Can they really do that, make it an exclusive to one store chain?

13. Ireland Michael

@10 I’ll take Xenoblade’s laid back approach and immense sense of scale over Xenogears quasi-intellectual waffling bullshit any day.

Mind you, I’ve seen videos of the game running in 1080p, and while the character models don’t upscale particularly well, the locations certainly look nice…

14. DarkElfa

@13, I’ve just lost all respect for your opinions where gaming is concerned. You’ve lost the internet and are now dead to me.

15. Ireland Michael

@14 *kut kut kut*

16. Charlie Sheen

@13 gay.

17. Kabby

It’s a good game and the graphics would be amazing if the Wii wasn’t terrible.

18. DarkElfa

@15, I don’t kut, blood makes me squeamish Mike.

Now, I’m off to play some more Left 4 Dead 2.