Square Enix and DeNA unveil Final Fantasy Brigade

Friday, 2nd December 2011 10:12 GMT By Stace Harman

The Final Fantasy collaboration between Sqaure Enix and mobile social game provider DeNA has been unveiled as a PvE and PvP title Final Fantasy Brigade.

At a recent press conference, DeNA announced a few details for its upcoming Final Fantasy title for the Japanese Mobage platform.

Final Fantasy Brigade will put players in control of airships as they seek, in true Final Fantasy tradition, to rebuild a shattered crystal by battling mythical beasties. Levelling, character jobs and battles with rival airship pilots will also feature. 4gamer.net has a screen shot or two showing character art that Silconera describes as being in the style of Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy Brigade is expected to launch in Japan towards the end of this month, no details have been announced concerning the title’s availability outside of Japan.

1. DanTheMagnum

Does every game they make have to be Final Fantasy this and that? Seriously! I remember when the name Final Fantasy meant something, when it was important. Now I see that name and all I think is “Oh, another one?” even if it’s part of the numbered series. It just irritates me. Damn you Final Fantasy VII! You made it too popular!

2. OlderGamer

I am with you Dan, i would rather read “brought to you from the minds that made FF” then yet another FF. And yes, that applies to nearly every other game I can think of too. Lest the FF games can be fully new and unrelated stories, sometimes. Why they don’t name them uniquly as well is beyond me, well it prolly just for the brand name and marketing, but still – it irks me too.

3. ManuOtaku

One day it will come true it will be the FINAL fantasay really , but maybe not in our lifetime 8D

4. OwningXylophone

@ Dan

But by doing that they guarantee this will be a million seller in Japan at least, although I do agree with you that the FF name has now been milked past the point of no return. This game would fit in better if it was “Skies of Arcadia Brigade” though…

5. Lounds

FFIX was the last good FF game imo.

6. DanTheMagnum

I bought IX on the PSN a while back. I haven’t bothered to play it. Is it worth playing through? I’ve become way too cynical to tell.