Skyrim Update 1.02 notes released, Xbox 360 and PC release on Nov 30

Monday, 28th November 2011 19:33 GMT By Debabrata Nath

As reported earlier today, Bethesda’s started rolling out the latest update for Skyrim on the PlayStation 3. The firm’s released the official patch notes for update 1.2 and confirmed the patch is live in North America.

The patch which was already available to users in Europe, has gone live in North America, according to a tweet from Bethesda.

The update fixes game-breaking shuttering issues which some PS3 players faced with long-term play, as well as several other important bugs and gameplay issues. The patch notes are below:

• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
  • Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
  • Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
  • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
  • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
  • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
  • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
  • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
  • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
  • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
  • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
  • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
  • ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
  • After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.

The patch will be released for Xbox 360 and PC on November 30.

1. HeavyD-Love

Nice work Bethesda

2. Charlie Sheen

What a shite patch tbf.

3. anjin

“Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead”

:D

4. Noodlemanny

@CS
    What else are you purposed to do in a patch? Its to fix problems, from what I see problems have been fixed. What other than that can you do?

5. Edo

Nope,not fixing glitches that I have encountered:
    - finished quests but the log says I did not finish them
    - quest items stuck in the inventory even after I deliver them(especially annoying since you CAN’T get rid of them)
    - archery glitch that instead of leveling it to a certain number drops it to 15
    - being given same quests over and over again(probably what Mr.Howard meant when he said “infinite number of quests” :) )

6. Erthazus

Lol.

Thats it? Seriously?

Oh, Bethesda.

@Edo, “- being given same quests over and over again(probably what Mr.Howard meant when he said “infinite number of quests” )”

It’s not a glitch or a bug. It’s “Radiant Story”. That system was designed since the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall and it works that way and it will give you infinite quests that can be the same over and over again.

@Noodlemanny, judging by the patch. 95% of the SKYRIM problems are not fixed at all.

7. Edo

#6 And that makes sense cause…..?Who the hell wants to do the same freakin’ quests over and over again!?

8. Erthazus

@7, cause thats how it works. Just don’t get them anymore.

Radiant story is for people who want more action. I don’t know why they returned that thing from Daggerfall, but whatever really. It’s not like it’s a horrible thing.

9. jacobvandy

Yeah, hopefully this patch fully sorts out the mouse sensitivity and key binding issues, but SERIOUSLY? No fixes for glitchy quests, broken quests, physics issues, WATER issues, plenty of others I can’t think of right now? What the hell took them two weeks to release this then?

@7 The randomized quests are there for when you’ve completed everything else and still want some direction. Generic quests for Dark Brotherhood, Companions, Thieves Guild, etc. along with “Go to this dungeon and clear out the bandits” or “Go kill this dragon.” For some people that’s better than simply running out of things to do after a while and wandering around aimlessly.

10. HeavyD-Love

They release a fix patch and people still complain. Unbelievable.

They’re patching what they can as they can. Of course there will be more.

11. YoungZer0

Performance should also be worked on.

12. Erthazus

Performance? Performance is fantastic in this game. If you have decent rig you won’t have a problem.
    They won’t fix it because it is good for how it is. Maybe they will eventually fix “Decal Quality” issue, but nothing more than that. There are no memory leaks and etc. Bethesda won’t do nothing here.

@jacobvandy,
    “but SERIOUSLY? No fixes for glitchy quests, broken quests, physics issues, WATER issues, plenty of others I can’t think of right now? What the hell took them two weeks to release this then?”

Yeah, i’m very surprised about this. + they seriously need to fix dagger/leather bracer thing because it is a cheap exloit not to mention that they need to do something with (legendary) or (epic) stuff, because they are really overpowered.

13. YoungZer0

@12: I have a decent Rig. Crysis 2. BF3. Not sweating.

Stop talking from your own experience and assume that whenever it runs fine on your system it runs fine on all systems.

14. YoungZer0

@9: Ever heard of crunch-time? Usually 3 months of hardwork until the game is finished. Don’t you think they deserve some vacation?

15. jacobvandy

@12 I wasn’t even thinking of the balance issues, lol, those also need tweaking, yes. Smithing proficiency increases need to be scaled somewhat like it is with lockpicking, where lower level stuff barely nudges your progress if you have a high skill. If I’m capable of making Daedric weapons and armor, there really isn’t much more I can learn from putting together an iron dagger…

I don’t know if they’ll change the ability to buff up your smithing so high that your improved stuff is overpowered, but I think they should adjust the damage reduction for armor (it maxes out with 80% reduction at ~570 armor rating, which can be easily surpassed) and maybe increase the physical damage resistances of enemies, at least at higher difficulties. That’d be easier than trying to tweak the improvement system.

16. Erthazus

@13,

“Crysis 2. BF3.”

This is not the indicator. I can run them on the old 8800 GTX just fine. but i can also run them on DUAL/QUAD-SLI 580 GTX just fine too. The question is in the hardware and what it can do.

currently i have 580 GTX for example and i have “0″ problems with SKYRIM. More than 60 frames per second and etc – “0″ drops, “0″ memory leaks, while my friend have GTX 470 1280 mb and he have Decal Quality issues and freezes in some cities and it’s a brand new card from the 400 series, but it’s not a SKYRIM problem. It’s only a videocard issue.

@jacobvandy, i can’t comment on this because i agree with everything here you just said. You are correct sir. These are really good solutions for the current problem. Bravo.

17. TheWarRanger

the game-breaking shuttering was killin me, my redguard was so powerfull, and i had so much stuff packed in my houses’ it was like a LAG fest. thanks for theFix!!!!!

18. TheWarRanger

the mind of madness mission doesn’t load , why??

19. Robification

When I went to download the patch for Skyrim that came out today 11/28/11, I noticed that it said 1.02 which is the same patch that I download before this patch came out on the “Day 1″ patch on 11/11/11. So I downloaded it and what not, then I go to “Game Data Utility” and go to the “Skyrim Update” icon then hit triangle and hit information to see what patch it really was…turns it said “Patch 1.02 downloaded 11/11/11 8:48p.m. which is obviously the date I downloaded the first patch. What’s the deal…is it another Texas Law thing where this patch won’t reach out to Texas?

20. Dragon-shit-smells

this patch is shit!! there is still a giant flying penis here, beth your dragon design is that closely related to an enormous penis, I am offended! and the giant scrotum like design for it’s legs! come on, you should be ashamed, naming it the one eyed dragon… and making it spit that white foamy substance! you say venom!!! and why the hell was that abomination of a creature flying in and out of a cave for 15 minutes making those rough moaning sounds? and then spitting that foamy crap all over when it was done. I got to say it was disturbing, damn you bethesada! your crude humor is not appreciated… I will be forever scared by the one eyed dragon… esepically after slaying it! I felt violated as the dragon soul got absorbed into my character’s rectum.. awful. I sent this to beth’s support email if anyone else is having this issue please address it to them.

21. TinyBird

I did that update because I had a problem with the first dragon. I could not get its soul after killing it and it didn’t become a skeleton. Now after that update I still have that problem, no matter how many times I try to kill the dragon. Is it because I did all kinds of other missions before killing this first dragon? Or do I have to start new game after update to get it work properly? If so, you should have told that earlier…