How to use Twitter on a PS Vita – video

Monday, 28th November 2011 12:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Sony’s released a video of Twitter being used on Vita, as you can see after the break. The touchscreen keypad’s used for the typing itself, and this is the tweet sent. History in the making. This was filmed at Vita’s recent London showcase, which hosted the announcement of the handheld’s EU launch line-up: read Stace’s impressions here. Vita releases in Japan on December 17 and the EU on February 22.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Big virtual keyboard looks nice, but I’d rather use my phone.

2. Razor

I can’t believe the EU Blog made a post just about this…

3. AxMxH

not so sure about making a gaming device a social one… while you having your Vita . I am so sure your Laptop or Phone with you … which will give you more options than Vita will gave, also playing Games that already have on even better on PS3 really bad idea from PlayStation… however PsVita just a device that trying to be Ps3 and Phone in same time…=.=

4. lexph3re

Wait so you don’t believe a gaming device should be social? Wonder how you feel about the 360? Options is a great thing no matter how you look at it. Instead of pulling out a giant laptop tweet on your Vita. Instead of wasting your very limited smartphone life tweet on your vita. once your done tweeting play a game. All packages wrapped in one on the go. Psvita is pulling it’s own independence quite well no need to have to look for a comparison and if you see it wrapping 2 great things into 1 then what is the problem?

5. Erthazus

I’m playing on the PC where are a lot of Social crap starting from Twitter, Facebook to Livejournals and other stuff. I don’t use it and never will.

Gaming machines don’t need it, except if you play crappy games and play them for 2 hours at best.
    Tweets and etc. are heavy on the OS (Especially handheld devices) + these apps are just space. If you are such a fan of “this” get yourself a smartphone or tablet for sake.

Gaming machines have one purpose = Gaming ! and thats how it should be.

6. lexph3re

1 purpose devices are the past now. We are in the present and interms of technology and it’s advancements if we want Gaming to thrive it has to Adapt. That’s just the way it is, If you bought a Pc that was strictly gaming with no other options then you would be able to make that claim. But you don’t even the biggest baddest Gaming rigs we have are able to multitask and if you had a PC that couldn’t you would have a peice of shit.

The best thing to do if you hate these types of features is to just not use them. I know I won’t tweet it’ll just be a option for my wife to use when I’m at home and on the ps3. So it does serve a purpose. Just except the fact that “Gaming Machines” are really universal machines consolidating past technology into them while new technology takes the forefront.

Next gens console will be obsolete technology no matter how you view it and they will be universal. Not strictly gaming like SNES or N64 was

7. Erthazus

Of course next gen will have social stuff in it and etc. but what i’m saying is that these devices just don’t do it right.

when you build a system you build it for games and thats the most important part.

Looking at the VITA Tweet stuff i can clearly see freezes already.

Gaming machine is for gaming. Do you use your PS3′s internet explorer much? I don’t think so. Why? Because it is crap.

8. lexph3re

I stopped using my Web browser for ps3 after sites like Hulu started blocking the ps3′s request. It was almost like all the sites just started shunning it’s browser it lost all support.

And I see freezes being possible too. But it won’t effect me because I won’t use it. I say leave the headache to the ones that want to use it. And if they allow it hopefully it won’t be default apps on the OS but downloadable through PSN. That would free up a lot of the burden on the booting process so it can go straight to it’s OS.

I for one am really hoping this device flourishes in Cloud with the main console being it’s base server for the clients. That would be the best step in giving consumers freedom of their data making them into their own private host.

9. AxMxH

instead of making many processors in Vita , I prefer that they reduce number of processors and reduce the device cost , Really web browsing and Social shit just crap for gaming portable… they charge us for things we wunt have much use for it an extra proccessor …..