Kevin Butler gives final honours to Long Live Play gamers

Friday, 25th November 2011 00:51 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Eccentric vice president of everything Kevin Butler has completed his month long campaign to honour PlayStation’s most dedicated gamers, dishing up a montage of the best moments of Long Live Play.

KB has been posting new videos several times a week for the whole month; you can catch all 18 previous Long Live Play videos by visiting his YouTube channel. A quick poll of the collective highlighted Blades, Fireworks, Cake, Adoption, Father and Son and especially Butler Time as favourites.

1. Razor

I have precisely zero experience in marketing, but I find it baffling as to why Sony are continuing to utilise these appalling adverts. Who are they aimed at? Certainly not new customers. What is the logic in advertising to people who already own the console?

SCEA needs a colossal shake-up. This is just total dross.

2. Ireland Michael

@1 You’re probably the only person I’ve seen to date who doesn’t actually like Kevin Butler.

This was a sort series aimed at the fans. Fans enjoy it when companies engage with them directly, and this was just an interesting idea aimed at highlighting the gaming community and getting them involved.

It keeps them interested, and it makes them more connected with a brand image. And there’s nothing more powerful for a brand than a loyal fanbase.

Just look at Major Nelson.

3. TD_Monstrous69

Kevin Butler’s laugh was contagious, had me laughing throughout most of the video. As much as I like these ads, I hope Sony’s advertising department thinks of something new for the future. Because as funny as they are, I’d hate to see them go stale (even though I know for some out there, these were stale the moment they hit the screen).

4. Maximum Payne

@1 Well for once like 70% (me included) thought he was a real Sony employee.

5. OlderGamer

This one wasn’t even the lest bit funny tho. Some of the stuff he does is great. This one was just flat.