In a recent reader poll by reigning Japanese gaming media Famitsu, the PlayStation Vita and Monster Hunter 3G came were voted most wanted this holiday season.
Readers were asked to name three pieces of hardware and three pieces of software they wanted to buy before the end of the year, and the Vita came out on top with 374 votes.
The 3DS wasn’t too far behind with 297 votes, well ahead of the PlayStation 3 with 72 votes. Other hardware barely got a look in.
The software charts showed Western blockbusters like Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim, but home-grown games definitely dominated. 3DS remake Monster Hunter 3G was number one with 2366 votes, well ahead of Mario Kart 7, Final Fantasy XIII-2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Super Mario 3D Land.
See the full software chart below, courtesy of Andriasang:
- Monster Hunter 3G (3DS): 236 votes
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS): 162
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/360): 139
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii): 106
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS): 98
- Gundam Extreme VS (PS3): 66
- Hot Shots Golf 6 (Vita): 49
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3/360): 46
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3/360): 44
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3): 43
- Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru (Vita): 39
- Uncharted Golden Abyss (Vita): 37
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend (PSP): 33
- Battlefield 3 (PS3/360): 26
- Ni no Kuni (Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch) (PS3): 23
- Musou Orochi 2 (Warriors Orochi 3)(PS3/360): 21
- Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (PS3/360): 20
- Assassin’s Creed Revelation (PS3/360): 19
- Ore no Shi wo Koete Yuke (PSP): 18
- Army Corps of Hell (Vita): 17
- Sengoku Basara 3 Utage (PS3/Wii): 17
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.