Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk for Android, iPhone and iPad on December 9

Wednesday, 23rd November 2011 10:02 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Codemasters has confirmed that the upcoming Dizzy remake will release on Android, iPhone and iPad on December 9.

Prince of the Yolkfolk originally released in 1991. The reboot was announced yesterday.

Head down for screens of the “gorgeous HD graphics”. Watch a teaser trailer, including play footage, below.

1. Blerk

That looked pretty good until the actual game started. The it all went a bit “My First Flash Project”.

2. Deacon

Looks pretty true to the originals. I don’t remember Prince of the Yolkfolk though…

3. G1GAHURTZ

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

4. Psychotext

5. Droid

Looks ok. Just hope it doesnt cost the earth.

6. Gheritt White

I’m surprised they didn’t start with Dizzy 4: Magicland Dizzy. That’s when the series started looking a bit better and they could have easily released Magicland, Spellbound and Prince of the Yolkfolk in quick succession relatively cheaply, before going on to Fantastic Dizzy.

Tbh, the only Dizzy I remember actually playing is Fantasy World Dizzy on my old ZX Spectrum +2 when I was about six or seven years old.

7. Ireland Michael

They’re obviously testing the water with this, to see if the interest in the franchise is still there.

If this does well, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see remakes of some of the more classic Dizzy games, or even… heaven forbid… an entirely original Dizzy game!

I’ll be supporting this. If you’re a fan, the best thing you can do to help the little yolk is to vote with your wallet too.

8. revolting

The Amiga version of Treasure Island Dizzy is the only one I ever played, decades ago. It absolutely amazed me at the time. Just the fact that right from the start you could go left OR right, and there was an entire world in both directions… that blew my mind, and pretty much paved the way to open-world games becoming my preferred genre in the decades that followed.

Maaaan, this brings back so many memories. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgDhnolRV28 That music has been stuck in my brain since 1989.

9. silkvg247

I hated that little bastard, rolling off the bastard ledges into the bastard holes

OMFG STOP ROLLING