Sony’s announced its first-party EU launch line-up for Vita, as well as confirming Evolution’s MotorStorm RC and Zipper Interactive’s Unit 13.
Sony confirmed at a London event today that the following first-party games will launch alongside Vita on February 22 in the EU:
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- WipEout 2048
- Reality Fighters
- Little Deviants
- ModNation Racers: Road Trip
- Everybody’s Golf
- Escape Plan
- Gravity Rush
- Hustle Kings
- MotorStorm RC
- Top Darts
- Super StarDust Delta
Two new games were revealed tonight: Motorstorm RC from Evolution, and Unit 13 from Zipper.
MotorStorm RC is a radio controlled off-road racing game for Vita and PlayStation Network, which was described by Evolution Studios as a “combination of classic racing with really modern connectivity features” that is “bigger than your average download game.”
It will include renditions of all four MotorStorm worlds along with eight vehicle classes and 16 tracks, and allows you to go up against four of your friends in various challenges and race types. Stages will take “just moments to load,” and you can play the game on PSN and continue progress on-the-go with Vita.
Zipper Interactive’s new shooter for the system is called Unit 13, designed with Vita’s front and back touch interface in mind.
The develop said a “key goal” for the Unit 13 team was to design the game to allow for “on-the-go action”. Players can choose from one of six operatives and complete 36 missions across nine locations.
Missions come in a variety of sizes and difficulty, and range from small to larger, more challenging multi-objective missions. As the player makes their way through the game, tough High Value target missions will be unlocked. After completing these, players can share them with friends and nearby players through Vita’s “NEAR” feature.
Unit 13 also contains a live notification interface through 3G, which keeps the user notified of leaderboard positions, new Daily Challenge content, unlocks and shared High Value Target missions. Co-op teams will also compete for leaderboard positions, and the game makes it easy to communicate with other team members through voice chat.
The game will be released “right around” Vita’s launch.
Other than the aforementioned first-party titles from Sony and its studios, Vita customers can also look forward to the following games in development for the system:
- Army Corps of Hell, Square Enix
- Asphalt: Injection, Ubisoft
- Disgaea 3 Return, NIS America
- Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Ubisoft
- Dynasty Warriors Next, Tecmo Koe
- EA Sports FIFA Football, EA
- F1 2011, Codemasters
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, WB Games
- Lumines Electronic Symphony, Ubisoft
- Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Ubisoft
- Ninja Gaiden (working title), Tecmo Koei
- OddWorld: Strangers Wrath, OddWorld Inhabitants
- Puddle, Neko Entertainment
- Pure Chess, RebelPlay
- Putty Squad Vita, System 3
- Rayman Origins, Ubisoft
- Ridge Racer, Bandai Namco
- Shinobido 2, Bandai Namco
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Konami
- Stardrone Extreme, BeatShapers
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz, SEGA
- Supremacy MMA, 505 Games
- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios
- The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Alawar Entertainment
- Touch My Katamari, Bandai Namco
- Troopies, Bloober Team
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom
- Urban Trials, Tate Multimedia
- Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition, SEGA
- Orc Attack, Casual Brothers
- Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Bandai Entertainment
- Dragon’s Racing, Ignition Entertainment
- Robot Rescue Revolution, Teyon; Mortal Kombat, WB Games
- Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft
- Bioshock, Take Two
- Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom
- Call of Duty, Activision Blizzard
Flickr, Twitter, Facebook and FourSquare were announced as part of Vita’s “Social Essentials” line-up for launch.
Here’s the MotorStorm RC announcement trailer and a new showcase of Vita’s AR functionality.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.