Bethesda prepping all-platforms Skyrim patch

Tuesday, 15th November 2011 21:52 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Expect some of your favourite The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim exploits to be rectified shortly.

“We are continuing to work on an update for all platforms to address issues any bugs and [performance] issues we can,” Bethesda PR boss Pete Hines tweeted.

“We will fix as much as we can for your platform. I don’t know if it will fix ‘your’ bug. Takes a while to test/fix/regress. Hang in there,” he added, and in response to one particularly vocal fan:

“Patches/updates take a little time. We can’t turn it around quite that fast. It’s been three days. Calm down. We’re working on it.”

In the meantime, Hines requests players communicate feedback and report bugs directly with Bethesda support using this form.

Skyrim released last week on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and has pretty much consumed everyone’s life since then. Glitch videos have become a YouTube staple, and “horse physics” is well on its way to meme status. All part of the charm of massive open worlds – at least, during launch week.

Thanks, IGN.

1. Ireland Michael

“It’s been three days. Calm down. We’re working on it.”

Hines is expecting waaaaaaay too much common sense on the part of the denizens of Interwebsland.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Well, they have been saying this for a few days now, and I guess people just want it in the time it takes to wiggle your nose.

3. K-V-C

iv only ran into one glitch so far and its probably one of the worst it wont let me continue the dark brootherhood mission “whisper in the dark” i have to talk to a guy called nasir for more contracts but when i speak to him it doesnt give me the option to contracts it doesnt even come up on the wee chat menu !!! chat about bad luck !!!

4. Phoenixblight

I haven’t honestly experienced huge bugs and the ones that I have experience are not game breaking.

BTW Stay the hell away from the giants unless you like seeing your character fly to the moon. Also Giants need a heavy nerf they can totally destroy dragons within a few hits.

5. Colin Gallacher

There are bugs and glitches? And here I thought losing my head a was part of the game!

6. Edo

#4 Too late,already flew like an a eagle :),btw is it me or wasn’t there an option in one their gameplay demos to actually talk to the giants ,or is it just me,cause I don’t actually see that option in the game?

7. Phoenixblight

I don’t remember seeing a video of the protagonist talking to a giant. I do remember the demo showing the protagonist walking with them and even a giant being picked up by a dragon which I have yet to see either.

Thats a referencing issue you can easily fix that by just reloading the game.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@4 I just got smashed into a greasy spot on the ground with one hit. No flying for me. :(

9. Phoenixblight

Well I was hit and was practically flying and then once I was hit into the ground and bounced right off the floor to what seems like 100 ft in the air. Morale of the story don’t mess with giants at least up close.

10. KillerDD

I saw flying mammoths. I was just standing there and saw a mammoth flying through the air out of no where! :P

Oh and there are random crashes. Sometimes my shouts are not working ’cause I used one too fast after a spell. I’m not able to sprint with a horse, oh and when you dismount the horse you’re still in control of the horse for a very short time! Very annoying if you’re being attacked…\

Otherwise the game’s just peachy…

11. Phoenixblight

” I’m not able to sprint with a horse”

If you are playing on the PC, its the alt button.

I haven’t experienced any crashes and I use shouts quite often especially the slow time one. I am not saying it doesn’t happen but in my 30 hours the game has yet to explode on me.

12. Erthazus

In my opinion game works just fine. It’s not a bug fest like Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

Bugs in most cases in SKYRIM are shitty exploits and stuff that is not tested enough. + horrible interface.
    I know a lot of glitches that can make me infinite money and skill.

I had 2-3 crashes in some areas but its not a big deal.

13. Erthazus

@10, “I saw flying mammoths. I was just standing there and saw a mammoth flying through the air out of no where!”

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I saw that too.

I saw 3 mammoths flying and then they died. :D it was hillarious.

It’s a famous bug. If you are standing somewhere close to mountains and there is a place near you with mammoths they will fly until you will see them and then they will fall :D

14. Phoenixblight

“I know a lot of glitches that can make me infinite money and skill.”

Yeah its called using the console. You don’t need to exploit glitches to do that.

15. Colin Gallacher

@5 I know *nofaceplam* :D

16. Erthazus

@14, without the console. There are stupid exploits that makes the game just worse.

17. YoungZer0

All i can say is: Thank god for “TCL”. Could get past a door yesterday. Had that quite a lot actually. Also remember how i came out of the Brotherhood HQ and suddenly there was a dead woman just laying there.

It would sometimes crash when i go to sleep, wait, or enter a new area. So far not once when i’m directly playing.

18. John117

@17 I crashed a few tiems while just running around or traveling. Though yes, it would seem the game likes to crash right after entering a new zone or house. Though thankfully that means it saves right before it crashes :P