UbiWorkshop releases launch trailer for Assassin’s Creed:Embers

Saturday, 12th November 2011 14:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has released the launch trailer for its animated short, Assassin’s Creed: Embers. Created by UbiWorkshop, the film will be included as a bonus in signature and collector’s editions of Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. Announced back in July,Embers is the final epilogue to Ezio’s story, and Ubisoft suggests players watch the entire thing after finishing Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. This will not only help players fully understand Ezio’s complete story, but also not spoil things for them in the process.

There’s no word just yet on whether the events in Embers tie-in with the Assassin’s Creed coming in 2012. If we were gamblers, we’d lay our chips on red, though. Watch the video clip below, and mind, it may or may not spoil things for you.

1. Gheritt White

Aw crap, if the protagonist of the next AC is female I’m gonna be po’d…

2. Ireland Michael

@1 Male chauvinist pig, much?

Jesus.

After half a dozen games full of testosterone, a female lead would be one of the best things to happen for the series.

3. Gheritt White

@ #2: C’mon Mike, I’d be a chauvinist pig if I said I wanted *all* games to have a female lead (which I don’t). I just prefer games with a main character with whom I can identify and it just so happens that Desmond Miles is the character with whom I have the greatest affinity since I started gaming in ’86/’87.

I’d still buy it if the next AC were to have a female lead… I just hope that it doesn’t. It’s just a personal preference.

4. Ireland Michael

@3 Desmond’s story has long since worn itself thin.

“Identify with”? There’s absolutely nothing about him that’s “identifiable” besides his gender.

You’re not a master assassin who can go inside a virtual reality device and travel through the past. Nothing about his identity or his plights is something any of us can relate to. You can’t do impossible acrobatics across giant rooftops or identify the importance objects with a special “Eagle Vision” power.

He cracks some half assed jokes while all the other characters do the hard work.

He’ll probably be the lead of Assassin’s Creed 3, but after that? Well, anything goes, and I don’t expect we’ll ever see Desmond sitting in the Animus again after that.

5. Gheritt White

Listen Mike, I just *like* the guy, okay? I even took up parkour and bouldering ‘cos of this series. We have a difference of opinion, let it drop.

6. Ireland Michael

@5 I like Dennis too.

But it’s definitely time for him to finish his story and move on.