Microsoft, others get in on the Black Friday sales with lots of discounts

Saturday, 12th November 2011 17:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has some deals in the works for Black Friday. Get acquainted with the selected savings from the firm and others below the break.

As per everything else in the world, pricing an particiaption may vary between retailers.

• Dance Central 2 for $29.99
  • Forza Motorsport 4 for $39.99
  • Gears of War 3 for $39.99
  • Kinect Sports 2 for $29.99
  • Kinect for $99.99
  • Three-month Xbox Live Gold sub for $12.99
  • Xbox price cuts ranging from $50 to $100.

More Black Friday deals, specifically for Best Buy,  GameStop and Toys R Us, can be found through the respective links.

Thanks, D’toid.

1. aseddon130

do places tend to do Black Friday on UK stores or not?

2. freedoms_stain

@1, most don’t, some have picked up the tradition.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 That is something you guys will have to tell me. I have no idea. All I do know, though, is I stay well clear of town on that day.

4. DSB

Ditto. I think two people got killed around here last year.

5. drewbles82

the Uk is starting to pick up on this more. Amazon did black friday week which was awesome. I can see other sites getting involved, maybe Play, tesco etc.

6. ultramega

It would be great if us Canadians could get in on these deals. But we still have Boxing Day.
    :D

7. Lounds

@1 Black Friday is a US thing, it’s the day after Thanks giving, where the US government allow all retailers to sell items without tax. The UK government are too tight to do this, although it would mean company’s wouldn’t go under, so in the long run it would help the economy.

8. Lounds

@1 Boxing Day is the cheapest day for retailers in UK, I work at Comet and we will do like £100 off TV’s etc and other crazy deals.

9. GrimRita

@8 But dont they put the price UP by £100 just before Christmas?! One day, the UK will have some genuine sales. When I used to work for Currys years ago, I used to hate the end of November as everything would go up, only to be reduced BACK to the original price in time for the Boxing Day sales.

I love on TV if you look at the adverts claiming ‘save £50 on this TV’ and you read the small print saying ‘higher price charged between 1/11/11-29/11/11.

10. Lounds

@9 Comet did a 40″ SONY tv for £400 on boxing day last year, SONY’s are never cheap, but this was, luckly for me a customer brought one back and I managed to get the manager to knock 30% off and I got it for £280 lol.