Witcher 2 has moved close to 250,000 digital units

Thursday, 10th November 2011 16:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CCP has said The Witcher 2 on GOG.com has moved 35,000 digital copies, coming in second to Steam’s 195,000 digital units.

All other digital outlets selling around 10,000 units each bringing the game’s total to around the 250,000 digital units total for the May 17 – October 30 period.

“The digital sales of The Witcher 2 have exceeded our expectations,” CD Projekt boss Marcin Iwiński told Eurogamer. “We are even more pleased that our own platform GOG.com had such a great share in the Witcher’s success.

“The performance of GOG.com in selling new titles is not completely surprising, as we have said for years that DRM isn’t necessary. It is gratifying to see that the only platform that offered The Witcher 2 DRM-free from launch has performed so well. ”

As of the end of August, The Witcher 2 has moved close to 1 million units.

For those counting, the word digital was used six times in this post.

1. endgame

not nearly enough considering how incredibly good this game is.

2. Night Hunter

We can just hope that the console ports sell like if they were free. Please take my money, CD Projekt!

3. Quasar

1 mil units for a pc game in 6 months is a lot

4. Maximum Payne

Is this first time someone actually posted Steam sales ?
    @3 Its not problem because its PC game more problem is very hardware requirements and its more hardcore rpg then others in genre like Dragon Age,Elder Scroll….

5. Old MacDonald

I guess people wanted the lovely retail version instead, and who can blame them frankly. I received Skyrim today, and it was so disappointing in comparison.

6. fearmonkey

I hope the 360 version sells much more. I have played some of the PC version at a friend’s house, I’m waiting for the 360 version to buy.
    I bought the original witcher on PC and enjoyed it.

7. Mike

I have just completed this game about 30 mins ago. Dumbstruck.

Speechless. Amazing.

8. DSB

@7 Yup. It really is a cut above.

My biggest complaint is that it had to end.

9. Erthazus

It’s not amazing. You are incorrect XD. It’s a masterpiece.

Loved about it everything.

10. GwynbleiddiuM

@DSB EXACTLY! I wanted more but it ended where I frankly I hoped it would be starting. Not a short game for an RPG, No, but there are only handful of titles that you wanna play and you don’t want them to end. Witcher 2 is one of them. I had the time of my life playing it.

So, what did you do with the Kingslayer? :D

11. DSB

I killed him. I couldn’t stand to be chasing a guy through a whole game just for an “explanation”. He had to die.

I don’t remember if I spared the dragon though. I think I did.