New Wake and BioWare, MGS Rising locked for VGAs

Thursday, 3rd November 2011 17:56 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Spike’s announced in a release this evening the next game from BioWare will be among several announces for the Spike Video Game Awards on December 10.

The new project will come from a new studio at the newly-made EA label.

Also confirmed is the unveil of the next Alan Wake title from Remedy, who first confirmed the existence of the title back in May.

Teases for both the BioWare game and Wake will be in the next issue of Game Informer.

Hideo Kojima will also be at the awards to re-reveal Metal Gear Solid: Rising, where the truth will “finally be revealed,” according to Geoff Keighley on Twitter. Konami boss Shinji Hirano promised something big for the game this winter before E3.

Also announced were the nominations for the first two categories in the awards: Game of the Year and Most Anticipated. They are:

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Portal 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Halo 4
  • The Last Guardian
  • Diablo III
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Mass Effect 3

1. Anders

Intrigued to see Skyward Sword on the list. My interest in that game has started growing since EDGE revealed their score.

2. Ireland Michael

Holy crap. A games list for Spike TV that isn’t completely shit!

*dies of shock*

3. triggerhappy

New Alan Wake. Sweet.

4. Erthazus

Game list is completely crap.

there is no WITCHER 2 and SHOGUN Total War 2. Especially Shogun:TW2, so, they can get the Fuck out.

Shogun 2: Total War reviewed 62 reviewers and it is 90 on metacritic.
    But it is a PC game and it is a strategy game. So? Of course it won’t be included in the crap show like VGA.

5. Johnny Cullen

Don’t care too much of the awards – think everyone acknowledges they are a farce – but FUCK YES ON THE ANNOUNCES!

New BioWare is awesome, but Alan Wake? FUCK YES! And Rising? Gimmie that shit like crack naaaaaaaaaaao!

6. Liamc723

COD:MW3 isn’t a nomination for GOTY!? I approve of this.

7. Erthazus

@5, Oh yes. something from Bioware is really exciting, but RISING full reveal is just awesome.

@6, it’s not nominated YET, because it is not out. There are no reviewes for it, but i’m sure for 99% that it will be nominated a bit later like last year’s CoD:Black Ops.

I also don’t understand why there is no Battlefield 3 in nominations…

Ahh ohh… Of course. It is 90 on metacritic with one exception: It is only on the the PC. But PC for VGA is not a platform.

8. sk4r

They should just rename it to Spike Video Game Announcements. New games and trailers are the only things worth paying attention to there.

9. The_Red

F*** yes. More Alan Wake. Original was awesome, damn the haters ;)
    But seriously, I really REALLY hope this is not a on-rails kinect shooter like Fable Journey.

10. Dirk_Dexter

Most Anticipated game should include GTA 5

11. The_Red

Also, WTF are they doing? Where are Dark Souls, Witcher 2 or Deus Ex HR among GOTY noms? At least 2 of them should have been there instead of something like the 5945th Zelda.

12. Talkar

Does anyone know if VGA is actually going to get streamed anywhere? I live outside of the US.

13. IL DUCE

Dragon Age III announcement coming from Bioware I presume

14. Phoenixblight

Uh No.
    “The new project will come from a new studio at the newly-made EA label.”

Dragon Age is done at Edmonton.

15. manamana

Ah, finally. TLG back on a list. Go team ICO, go!

16. Maximum Payne

Alan Wake for PC in shape of form couldn’t make me happier.
    @14 Then its new Command and Conquer game
    It was rumored on VG247 I think.

17. The_Red

I’ll replay AW if it comes out for PC.

18. monkeygourmet

I hope it’s Alan Wake 2 and not the dlc Alan Wake kinect title, I loved the first title

19. Phoenixblight

Yes because of a rumor of a C&C is being made and that means Bioware studio must be making it right? *rolls eyes* Because they totally make RTS, right?

20. The_Red

@18 Considering our bad luck and lackluster sales of AW2, it probably is that XBLA game for Kinect.

21. Maximum Payne

@19 You said new EA studio not Bioware.I am talking about maybe that new studio that EA form for making new RTS’s….

22. DSB

Battlefield 3 isn’t on there either, so I’m guessing they were too late to the party.

The Witcher 2 should definitely be there. The fact that Skyrim is there instead, before release, is pretty much an insult.

23. Phoenixblight

Oh sorry right I thought you were talking about Bioware.

Doubt it because both Edmonton and Montreal are working on the same game(ME3) if it is, will just be a CG trailer with very little info for us all to try and decipher because they have no one working on it.

24. Gadzooks!

Oh hell yes. Alan Wake was a superb game, I’ll have some more of that.

25. The_Red

@22 if they were too late then how come Skyrim and Zelda are there?

26. Takeshi

@22 yeah, of the same opinion. But I guess Skyrim is winning hands down, either way. I’m honestly starting to get somewhat irritated at the Skyrim hype. I can’t wait for the game to be released and for people to shut up and start playing it. It’s really no surprise that Witcher 2 isn’t there. It’s not only created by a Polish developer, but it’s also not as popular as Skyrim. Why nominate a game people don’t know about?

I do agree with Batman: Arkham City being on the list, and I’ll probably also agree with Uncharted 3. Portal 2 is good as well, Valve did well on the sequel.

27. IL DUCE

@14 Oh ok, well hopefully it’s something cool then. No need to be a dick about though.

Edit: And who knows, maybe due to the fact that Dragon Age II was a major flop they moved production to a new studio. But agreed, it does say it’s a different studio so for now I will assume it is something different.

28. Phoenixblight

I didn’t mean to come off as a dick. WHen I typed it, it sounded funny in head. If I offended you, I am sorry.

I honestly hoping its something new since Mass Effect series is done and I am hoping for a new project maybe Jade Empire 2? I know that’s hoping for too much.

29. DSB

@25 True that.

@26 Fair point. It is pretty stupid to expect anything from an awards show like that.

Portal 2 is my game of the year so far, and probably also my game of the last 5 years. My top five for this one is going to have The Witcher 2 in it, and probably Battlefield 3 as well. Time will tell for Saints Row 3 and Arkham City. Gotta wait for the PC version to launch.

Personally I don’t think Skyrim looks very good.