Richmond: More Uncharted coming “as long as fans want the games”

Friday, 28th October 2011 12:10 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Uncharted 3 director Justin Richmond has been discussing the various possibilities the Uncharted universe still has to offer in a video interview with OPM UK.

When asked about the possibility of making Uncharted 4, Richmond said the series will continue provided it sells.

“There are a ton of Drake adventures out there and we haven’t told all of them yet, and as long as fans want the games and as long as we find something that’s interesting and will push the medium forward, we’ll continue to make them,” he said.

You can watch the full video below, which includes Richmond exploring the possibility of taking Drake into space, and dismissing the idea for obvious reasons.

1. Yoshi

FFS give us time to play Uncharted 3 first XD

2. worntreads

I was just thinking about this. All I want from this series, after Nov 1st is an Uncharted racing. :P

I’d like to see Naughty Dog move on. Not that more Uncharted would be a bad thing, I love these games. I would just love to see new characters, worlds and stories from the all of the top developers.

3. Erthazus

If they will sell 5 million copies of Uncharted 3.

I can guarantee you for 99% that there will be one for sure.

4. YoungZer0

Can. Not Will.

5. Takeshi

I am of the same opinion as worntreads. I love the games, but at the same time I would love to see what they come up with next. I also wonder if their next game will be on PS3 or PS4. Sure, they could probably release another Uncharted game or a new IP for PS4. But I bet Sony would like them to make a launch title for the PS4 seeing how popular the Uncharted franchise is.

6. dravenkaze