Battlefield 3 launches in Europe – where’s best to buy?

Friday, 28th October 2011 09:28 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Battlefield 3 launched in Europe at midnight last night, ending a period of heavy promotion for EA’s largest game of the year.

The shooter’s scored well across the board, averaging 91% on PC, 82% on 360 and 86% on PS3.

Retailers held midnight launch events last night, and the game is available now, having launched earlier this week in the US.

Eurogamer has an exhaustive round-up of prices at UK stores, including split-outs into the various editions, online shops and brick and mortar retailers.

The US launch has been dogged by technical issues, with developers feeling the pressure over complaints.

EA said yesterday that BF3 has now shipped more than 10 million units.

1. YoungZer0

Bought it yesterday. Waited 3 hours so i could install it, because Origin had some trouble with activating the videogame.

Wanted to start it. Origin told me they can’t activate it, because my internet seems to be offline.

Go suck a bag o’ dicks, EA.

2. GrimRita

I thought it interesting how the price went up by almost a tenner. When I originally pre-ordered from Amazon it was £27 now its £37.

3. Yoshi

I’ve got mine from Game, limited edition with physical warfare pack :) Seemed to be the best deal too with price.

4. DiodeX

I pre ordered and the Ltd Edition on the 360 from shopto for £36.85 and now its all ready £39.85! Only paid the £36.85 as thats how they roll :D
    So I get the Karkand map pack and a fancy Avatar suit for almost -£3!!

So, are EA going to let you buy the unlocks then!!

5. Droid

I know where you SHOULDN’T buy from… bee.com. A few of us pre-ordered 3 months ago and they havent even posted them out yet, even though they state they post out before release to arrive on or near release day. Want to play so badly. :( Avoid them in the future folks!

6. viralshag

@1, I noticed that thing about the activation servers being down. Luckily for me, I unlocked it at the beginning of the week along with the US owners.

Anyone on the PC version, find me on Battlelog: Peacefish. You can check out my lame K/D haha.

7. loki

Best not buy because BF3 sucks

8. Yoshi

*yawn* Did someone say something?

9. Edo

#8 Nope,that’s just the broken record sound.

10. GrimRita

Glad to see Origin taking the piss -£40!!!!!

11. OrbitMonkey

Got mine from Gamestation. Got £30 for trading Rage, plus a further £5 for trading a game. Grand total £8 for ps3 copy :)

12. DiodeX

@11 £43? did you hand over the extra £8?

13. John117

Game got good deals, especially if you trade in older games. All I can say is that this game owns every other FPS I tried yet. If you prefer CoD’s run’n'gun style I wont blame you for that but this game is so brilliant. In the middle of firefights I stop up and look at the sweet textures and listen to the sound of bombs and bullets flying over my head. Nothing over, nothing equal. (Exept perhaps BF:BC2 seeing as it’s just in it’s launch period, Go Back to karkand!!)

14. MrBambinoDent

anyone have checked the PSN copy ?
    I’m not sure if this can be shared on 5 consoles like FIFA does. If so this will be the cheapest plus even better loading time.

15. OrbitMonkey

@12. Yes BF3 is £43, but reduced to £8 if you trade in RAGE at Gamestation.