Levine: BioShock: Infinite is “my game”

Thursday, 27th October 2011 01:02 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Irrational Games boss Ken Levine is definite about who’s steering the BioShock: Infinite ship.

“This is my game,” Levine told Joystiq of his relationship with other key creatives on BioShock: Infinite.

“I love the fact that we sit down and chat with each other but at the end of the day this thing’s gotta be my decision.”

That doesn’t mean he takes credit for a team effort, of course – Levine compared his role at Irrational as similar to a magazine editor who also contributes content – and while protective of the BioShock brand, is capable of letting go, as with an upcoming film adaptation.

“If I were to make a game that was based on somebody else’s franchise, you need somebody there who’s going to say, ‘This is true to the franchise, this isn’t true to the franchise.’ So that was more my role in the film,” he said.

BioShock Infinite is expected on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2012.

1. triggerhappy

Love this guy :D

2. Colin Gallacher

@2 Me too :D I love how egotistical everything he says is :D

3. ultramega

I disagree. He just tells it like it is. I’ve witnessed enough instances where he’s been humble. And it’s not like any confidences he has are misplaced, anyways. I’d say he’s one of the greatest creative directors ever (in the game industry).

4. Colin Gallacher

“I’d say he’s one of the greatest creative directors ever (in the game industry)”
    Oh I don’t doubt that…I just see him as an american version of Peter Molyneux with less disappointment :D

5. Samuel

Ego or not, this being “his game” can only be a good thing.

6. Shonak

Yeah, he’s a great guy. Love his interviews & games of course too.