Watch enemies get frozen, hacked to death in Skyrim combat videos

Saturday, 22nd October 2011 14:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Combat skills such as dual wielding, ranged, and spells, are shown in a couple of videos released over the weekend for Skyrim. Below the break, the first one is from Gamespot (thanks, Edo) and in it, the site chats about the various ways to take an enemy down. The second video, from IGN, is around the minute and a half mark, and contains nothing but awesome music and your charter dispatching everything that can walk or fly. Game’s out November 11.

1. Edo

You’re welcome,love the zombie chicken btw :) .

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Me too! I am looking forward to this so very, very much.

3. Erthazus

Freezing enemies is a great idea. I know what magic i will use from the start.. he he.

is this 360 footage? Because frame drops are horrible.

4. triggerhappy

SLAGOOS!!

5. DrDamn

There are some nice play through vids on the Live marketplace to download, sizeable and a decent length. They show a fair amount of frame drops and tearing too in places and that is definitely the 360 version. However the actual content of the vids in terms of gameplay & massive improvements in UI design have me very much interested. Was going to skip it for a while but if I see it even vaguely cheap I’m going to be very tempted

6. OrbitMonkey

That freeze spell looks so op… bet all the noobs use it ;)
    I know I will :D

7. Edo

#3 and #6 It’s not a spell it’s a shout.

8. tontsa91

Nice videos…

It’s console footage for sure, the framerate drops and screen tearings are horrible.

9. jacobvandy

Noob commentators… You’d be able to see the spell in your hand if you were dual-wielding.

10. Gekidami

I think Dark Souls has ruined me, because sword swinging in this looks horribly unrealistic and literally humanly impossible.

11. Erthazus

Shout is also a spell. If you don’t know, it’s just a verbal spell.

12. OrbitMonkey

@9 NOOB?! *cast frost shout/spell/thingy*

@10 So how does a 3rd person fantasy game teach you how it should look to swing a sword in 1st person? Let alone realistically?

13. Gekidami

^ Oh i know it works best this way for a fist person game… But it still looks unrealistic.

14. OrbitMonkey

Hmmm….*readies up frost shout/spell/thingy for Gekidami*

15. jacobvandy

Doesn’t matter if a shout is technically a spell or not, it doesn’t make up half of a dual-wield configuration. You can dual-wield weapons and/or spells and STILL use shouts on top of that (as far as I know). In the video, he had nothing in the left hand most of the time.

16. DarkElfa

I’m playing this entire game in 3rd person.

17. ultramega

Videos seem to be down
    =(

18. Gekidami

Actually, now that i think about it Dead Island manages to have perfectly believable weapon swinging and thats in first person.

But anyway, yeah, the YouTube video is gone and the other wont load for me.

19. Erthazus

Playing Elder Scrolls in 3rd person is losing the magic of this game. It was deisgned in 90% only in first person mode.

3rd person is basically an option. It’s not Witcher II.