Three Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC packs hit Steam

Thursday, 20th October 2011 16:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Relic has released three new DLC packs for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution on Steam.

Here’s what you’ll get:

• The Last Stand Tau Commander comes with 26 pieces of wargear, 2 achievements, an all new voice and 20 levels of progression and can be used in the Last Stand Mode. It will run you $9.99.
  • The Chaos Word Bearers Pack adds the Chaos Space Marine Legion, seven models for the major multiplayer units as well as new color schemes for the others. It will run you $7.49.
  • The Death Korps of Krieg Pack adds the Imperial Guard regiment, 10 unique models for the major multiplayer units as well as the Death Korps of Krieg color pattern. It will run you $7.49.

Hit up the Steam link for more information.

Thanks, Blue.

1. DSB

I’d feel good about it if the game had actually been good. This just feels like dressing up a corpse.

2. GrimRita

Totally agree. Its like they took everything that made the original Dawn of War brilliant and removed it!

Why on earth turn DoW into Company of Warhammer?! I pray Relic dont make the same mistake with DoW 3, if they are indeed working on it. Come on Relic, bring back the RTS element that made the original more wide spread than chlamydia!

3. Christopher Jack

@1+2, 100% Agreed.

4. SwiftRanger

These packs are pricey but DoW II – Retribution is the finest RTS of the year, period. There is a lack of competition of course but Relic has finetuned a lot since DoW II vanilla and are still supporting the game.

It’s the epitome of Real-Time Tactics actually (think Myth instead of StarCraft) and to be honest… I never missed the basebuilding here, you’ve got other things to worry about due to increased and more rewarding micro. Add Last Stand to that and RT is awesome value-for-money.

5. GrimRita

My arguement would be, that there could be room for both a real RTS with base building etc and a ‘Company of Warhammer’ where all you do is churn out units.

Calling it DoW 2 was very misleading. Its an ok game, but a shadow of the original game which was brilliant in every single way online.

6. ultramega

I enjoyed the game. Not as good as Company of Heroes, and different than DoW I. Not that it being different is in any way bad. I’d rather developers try new things any day. I do enjoy the base building from the first game though, but both have their places in my heart.