Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets hour-long gameplay footage

Thursday, 20th October 2011 08:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Intel Extreme Masters has posted live an hour-long video of the first competitive match on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The match involves Europe and US teams. We haven’t watched all of it, but you can below the break. CS:GO launches next year for PC, Xbox Live and PSN.

Thanks, GI.

1. _LarZen_

In todays standards this looked realy realy boring…

2. viralshag

@1, Agreed.

3. Sturmhardt

100% agree. Although the graphics are better it looks like 10 years ago. Everything looks just recycled…

4. Strandli

You say it looks the same, or look boring, but if you played the original CS1.6, it looks awesome!

I’m very glad it’s true to the original. We don’t want Modern Warfare Lite, we want a Counter Strike. It’s a muhc more tactical and skill-based game than most modern shooters.

5. Yoshi

Hmmmm…

6. viralshag

I should probably state that I barely played CS before and going on this vid I probably never will. Each to their own, though.

7. DarkElfa

@4, The 90′s called, it wants your opinion back.

We didn’t want this either, we wanted Counter Strike Fucking 2, not another stop-gap measure like CSS.

8. DarkElfa

Also, Wow, this shit looks like what CSS SHOULD have looked like back when CSS actually came out.

I played and modded CSS for 5 years waiting for a true sequel for CS 1.6. This is not what I waited for.

Anyways, I’m just gonna let it go here, otherwise I’m gonna go off again.

9. IL DUCE

@4 I’m with you dude

10. IL DUCE

@7 and anyway dumb ass if you’ve been waiting so long for CS2 you would know Valve clearly stated this is not supposed to be or should be thought of as CS2…its trying to united the fans of CSS and CS 1.6 on one game while also bringing the console audience into it…plus the game is going to cost 15 bucks so chill out, I know your eyes might bleed b/c it doesn’t look the same as CoD but you’ll survive…

They also said CS2 will be on the way at some point after so quit crying

11. AeromaaX

Your opinion, not a fact.
    And if it was called Counter Strike 2, you would probably have been all over it like “WTF I WANTZZ THIS NAO”

oh, and the 70′s called, and they want your profile name back.