Rumour – Ezio to appear in Soul Calibur V

Tuesday, 18th October 2011 03:25 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Here’s one for the “highly dubious” and “probable Photoshop fakes” piles: Assassin’s Creed’s Ezio Auditore has apparently been spotted in Soul Calibur V.

Joystiq received the image below from an anonymous tip, and was told the snapshot was taken of the beta version at a fighting game tournament.

Gematsu reports the image was grabbed from PS3blog, where it appeared as part of a now-inaccessible liveblog of a Namco Bandai event where a guest character was apparently set to be revealed.

The site is said to have reported “no further information can be released about this game due to the embargo”, and that the game had been given a firm release date of January 31 2012.

Do we need to point out the unlikelihood of this happening at a public event and only one leak mentioning it? Or the strange graphical discrepancies in the image? Or the sheer bizarrity of an Ubisoft-owned character signing on with a Namco Bandai-published game?

I will be utterly flummoxed if this turns out to be true. Soul Calibur V is due on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March next year. The next Assassin’s Creed title, Revelations, is due in November. These facts remain unrelated.

Thanks, Sal.

1. xino

ok thank you for calling this a rumour, after observing the picture, it is fake:/
    without this article I would have thought it was real.

Protoria in 2D art while Ezio in 3D render….fake is fake:/

Stupid ass Silent Chief already calling this legit and announcing, plus he removed the place he got the image from called “embargo”.

2. Brenna Hillier

I felt like I had to post it because a lot of people are talking about it, but like we’ve both said, the art is super dodgy. I’m baffled it’s being taken seriously.

3. salromano

The picture came from PS3Blog.net, who live blogged a SCV San Francisco event.

See here and read down for more details: http://gematsu.com/2011/10/ezio-auditore-a-guest-fighter-in-soulcalibur-v

4. Clupula

You’d think, at the very least, if this were real, his art style would match all the other characters.

5. Ireland Michael

Rumour or not, this would be absolutely brilliant if it were true. Stylistically, he’d fit in perfectly with the franchise.

6. Brenna Hillier

I’ve updated the article with new information as to where the image came from.

7. nikk900

It’s true, I’ve played it. He was in the ps3 version, but I think he might be in the 360 version as well.

8. CycloneFox

That’s screenshot looks pretty cool. Not because of Enzio in the character-select (that’s cool too of course), but because of the pretty awesome art-style instead of rendered pictures.

9. monkeygourmet

It’s true, my dad knows someone from Namco and they said he is in, they are also making a sequel to weapon lord and I’m in the beta… ;)

10. Gheritt White

OMG, please be real!!!

11. StolenGlory

@10 Indeed. With any luck, his second costume will be Altair :)

12. LOLshock94

i also reackon the dude off enslaved will appear aswell since he is namco.

be pretty funny if this was PS way of showing off the character creation.

13. Clupula

As someone who is not a fan of the Ass Creed series, this will go very far towards deflating my enthusiasm for the series.

Personally, if they absolutely must have a guest character from another game, I’d prefer, say, Bayonetta.

14. 2plus2equals5

It looks fake, ironically it’s not the ezio image to look fake, but the other portrait that have a strange perspective(it looks directly at you, but the screen is not!).

15. xino

the image is fake.
    since when do SC games uses 2D art?
    also
    but I couldn’t find the art work of Ezio’s pose.

but one hell of a good job photoshop!

i just hope the final game wouldn’t be like this because if this is true, I’ll be disappointed! The design is so weak.