Uncharted 3 wont get any single-player DLC

Friday, 14th October 2011 22:01 GMT By Andrew Groen

Uncharted 3 is planned to be supported with a host of cooperative and multiplayer downloadable content, but no single-player stuff. Why?Speaking with Eurogamer, game director Justin Richmond said that it’s pretty simple: they’d much rather be working on the next full game.

“There’s a very specific reason,” said Richmond. “Whenever we sit down and think we should do some single-player DLC, someone pitches something and we realize – that’s a five hour level.”

“We’d rather build out another game than we would do episodic content,” he continued. “We’re so small that we can’t afford to have a whole team working on DLC.”

EG notes that Uncharted 3 was built by a team of 90 people, which is reportedly only a fifth of the people building Call of Duty.

1. Takeshi

Eh, I wouldn’t want it either way. Don’t get me wrong, I love Uncharted, but I don’t really see single-player DLC as working for the series. I’d rather want a fully-fledged story than one full of holes where DLC can be put into.

And lol, I guess this explains how they can put out a COD game every year.

2. speedxl01

Impressive! only 90 people to produce an excellent game..

3. Clupula

Shame. I’d actually buy single-player DLC. Not very big on deathmatch.

4. ultramega

<3 ND

5. The_Red

Ok, I’m not a Uncharted fan but definitely like this choice. The full singleplayer story HAS to be on the disk. These days producers just remove some story chapters from the main game just to release them later as paid DLC.

6. KAP

Good thinking Naughty Dog, and even though I’m a massive Rocksteady fan they simply dropped the ball with Batmans singleplayer fiasco.
    Having Catwomen on a single use code was maddness.

7. GwynbleiddiuM

I’d rather have a new game than a half an hour content most people do these days. I feel I’m being more valued as a customer when I get a proper new game or expansion than a cheaply done DLC, exactly the road BioWare has taken.