Syndicate gets ten minutes of new gameplay footage

Thursday, 13th October 2011 15:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s launched a brand new gameplay video of Syndicate, airing ten minutes of all-new stuff never seen before.

Some of the stuff was shown a couple of weeks back on GTTV, but this is the first time it’s been shown in a full gameplay video.

This is looking pretty tight, by the looks of it. Any worries will almost have faded away after watching this.

Get the video below. The Starbreeze-made reboot launches on February 21 in the US and February 24 in Europe for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Fin

I’m awfully fond of that visual style.

Looks good!

2. Johnny Cullen

That is looking hot. Getting more interested in it now.

3. DSB

The gameplay does look good, but the visual style is pretty much identical to Deus Ex: HR. I wouldn’t be able to tell the two apart.

4. manamana

looks very slick and promissing. The grenade launcher (or its impact om the environment) could use some frostbite2 destruction though. ;-)

5. iBirch

Does remind me of Deus Ex: HR. Looking interesting tho.

6. Moonwalker1982

I found the trailer very impressive but this gameplay video really didn’t look that incredible or interesting to me.

7. TerraZet

I like how the game punishes you if you want to avoid fighting and be stealthy. Yeah, I take great pleasure in not buying this crappy game.

8. silkvg247

What? How is this syndicate? It’s yet another FPS, way to destroy an IP that was actually original.

Also I actually felt like shedding a tear watching him slowly rotate to turn. Console version then I take it. And what’s with the tippy toe ultra slow movement? I hope that isn’t normal pace.

9. Coheno

For me it just seemed super slow… Is that his actual walking speed or did´╗┐ the guy playing just walk super slowly to show off the environment? Also seems like he’s tippy-toeing and not walking…

I like the interface for bullets on weapons and all, but yeah otherwise really underwhelming!
    I high much higher hopes after that really good trailer…apparently it was just full of cut-scenes…

10. Coheno

@silkvg247

Haha, I thought and wrote tippy-toeing as well… Movement just seems awkward as hell!

11. Naaame

Seems very like Deus Ex, seen most of these moves before :(

seeing through walls, controlling turrets etc. COD style shooting when you zoom in

12. Fin

Ya!! Looks awesome!!

13. YoungZer0

@3: Gold.

14. Maximum Payne

Remind me of Red Faction 1 and 2 anyone ?

15. Telepathic.Geometry

This game is looking more and more interesting to me. Depends where it goes further on down the line in the game, but definitely on my radar. :-)

16. Hunam

The game seems to play itself from that video. Way too easy.

17. BULArmy

I don’t know how you can comapre this with Deus Ex:HR,this 10 minutes show only shooting and now stealth. In HR 90% of the game can be beaten without any serious shooting. Also this looks much more linear.

18. Hunam

Sure you can compare, they are both action/adventure games in a cyber punk world.

19. Colin Gallacher

Not nearly enough dubsteb in that video. I suppose it does look like a more action orientated version of Human Revolution.

20. osric90

Hm… future failure. I mean… not original, not good looking, no innovation, another FPS. There should be a law to ban shooters that don’t offer something different. The crisis is the world is huge and the shooters market is saturated. Please, developers, if you’re gonna release a shooter make it something spectacular like Uncharted (in 3rd person ones) or something really deep and original like Human Revolution and Bioshock. Even Clive Barker’s Jericho showed a lot of originality back in the day.

21. Maximum Payne

@20 Agree and what is even more disappointed that Starbreeze made very original Riddick :(

22. LOLshock94

looks nothing like deaus ex to me :S

23. monkeygourmet

Liking the look of this. I don’t know why people are complaining about the change in direction a serious case of rose tinted specs i think.

Syndicate always had the potential to really flesh out a story line that just isn’t as easy to get across with-in the confines of a point and click strategy game. This new direction will hopefully let the writers explore the universe in a new way.

Either that or it’s going to suck!

24. OrbitMonkey

One of Richard Morgan earlier books was Market Forces & it has a very similar theme. Private companies ruthlessly competing for contracts. Though that’s set in a more contempory future, no cyberpunk.

Wonder if their will be a similar storyline, with your corporate killer having a conscience & allowing that to influence his decisions, rather than mercilessly chasing the bottom dollar?

25. IL DUCE

Looks sick to me…

I also never played the original game, so I have no expectations since I was seven years old when it came out in 1993, so I could care less if it’s nothing like the original…

26. silkvg247

@23 the original was more than just point n click strategy, it was like it had it’s own genre. I’ve never played anything like it since.

This is just.. a FPS. “Yay”, like I said. Woo, stop the excitement it’s getting to be too much to handle.

Now if they’d taken the original formula and added FPS sections into it then we’d be onto a winner.

27. jowadmax

This game uses Frostbite Engine 2. You’ll remember me when they announce that ;)

28. viralshag

This game’s looking great to me. If the HUD and all the other pop up visuals look that slick in the end, then that would be great. I have a feeling I will prefer this to DX:HR.