PlayStation Move ships 8.3 million units

Thursday, 13th October 2011 22:26 GMT By Andrew Groen

A Sony representative at GDC Online said today that Sony has shipped about 8.3 million PlayStation Move units worldwide.This number has raised some concerns from sharp-eyed reporters in the gaming press who noticed that Sony said about six months ago that they had shipped 8 million Move units.

However, it is possible that the rep was merely using outdated statistics. That said, it seems unlikely that anybody at Sony with authority to speak about the platform could be that ridiculously out of date.

Is it possible Sony has only sold 0.3 million move units in the past six months?

1. sg1974

I want to like this but I can’t. It’s a bit naff and games like Sports Champions are dull as dishwater. Mine gathers dust next to the Wii.

At least five years too late Sony.

2. lexph3re

@1 sorry for your lose. I still use my move to this date. I hope Sony could justify development for Move still if 300k is all that moved in the last 6 months. I do enjoy the option of move implementation in my games. Dead space extraction was aweseome and I use the sharpshooter for that and killzone 3 so hopefully it continues. And, Every gathering I have at my place my friends and I always play singstar+dance and Mj experience. I even get it in with lights out the fight (picked it up for $10).

It would be a shame if Sony abandons the move prospects. Atleast I will get house of the dead over kill before it potentially craps out

3. G1GAHURTZ

Not a Wii killer, then…

A flop.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Just like Dead Space Extraction, they REALLY NEED to bring Resident Evil Dark Side and Umbrella Chronicles to the PS3 with HD/Move support.

Also looking forward to House of the Dead Overkill.

5. Ireland Michael

Indeed. It’s not setting the universe ablaze, but it’s still damn fun. I still use mine regularly.

6. Erthazus

8.3 million dildo’s shipped. Congratulations Sony.

7. silkvg247

I bought one. be nice if games came out that actually supported it like.. Oh I dunno, the recent res evil release. Lawl.

8. silkvg247

@6 Not right shape, but lol :)

9. viralshag