Sections

Activision announces Men in Black movie tie-in game, releases screens

Thursday, 13th October 2011 19:34 GMT By Andrew Groen

Activision Blizzard announced today that they will be producing a video game to tie-in with the movie release of Men in Black 3.Details are light on the game right now, but we do have a couple of screenshots at least. The game will be due out in 2012 on consoles and handhelds, and is reportedly being developed by Fun Labs, a Romanian studio known for the Cabela’s series.

We’re just hoping this one is more like Ghostbusters and less like…the last Men in Black game.

Latest

17 Comments

  1. pukem0n

    activision and your movie tie-in games…we all know how this will turn out

    #1 3 years ago
  2. Erthazus

    Activision + Movie tie in games = Piece of crap

    like always.

    Activision don’t have talented studios at all. Even IW or SH are not talented. People know them because these studios are marketed very well.

    Activision is Activision. But i just don’t know why they are doing this considering that they have Blizzard.

    #2 3 years ago
  3. monkeygourmet

    Is it possible for anyone to make a Men in Black game a good idea?! :)

    Even if a good studio got their hands on it, i can’t imagine many people looking forward to playing it!

    #3 3 years ago
  4. DSB

    @Erthazus I don’t know about that, some people play those games for 500 hours. Five. Hundred. Hours. That’s more than one whole hour, every day, all year. You’d have to be an humongous idiot not to spot a bad game before then I reckon.

    I seem to recall that you liked Dead Space as well. So when the developers jump ship to Activision they suddenly suck? I just can’t get enough of that logic!

    @3 Personally I’m surprised they can even sell those things.

    #4 3 years ago
  5. monkeygourmet

    @2

    Just out of interest, what games / game studios do you actually like?

    You have such a strong opinion of a lot of developers but the only game i’ve seen you get a lob on over has been Witcher 2…

    You were all over Cryteks ass before they released a “console” port of you’re precious Crysis 2 on the PC now, i guess you may aswell quit gaming if it angers you so!

    #5 3 years ago
  6. LOLshock94

    @2 i feel sorry for your life

    #6 3 years ago
  7. viralshag

    @Everyone… I would probably be happy to buy a MiB game… :D

    #7 3 years ago
  8. Ireland Michael

    It’s an Activision game.

    So there’s roughly a 90% chance that this will be crap, a 9% chance that it will be passable, and a 1% chance that it will actually be any good.

    #8 3 years ago
  9. OrbitMonkey

    Sweet, another chance to play with a Big Willy ;)

    Oh wait its just a movie tie-in *disappoint*

    #9 3 years ago
  10. Talkar

    @8
    And that 1% is that Blizzard has taught them to make games? :D

    #10 3 years ago
  11. Ireland Michael

    @10 I’ve never considered Blizzard a part of Activision, and I never will.

    WoW’s gone to crap anyway.

    #11 3 years ago
  12. Erthazus

    @4, first, i never saw SH game developed in activision. Second, hours does not mean nothing for me and my enjoyment. I played witcher 2 for 60 hours and it’s the best RPG this year for me and i’m sure i will spend 400+ hours in SKYRIM in the end with mods and will say meh in the end.
    It has nothing to do with hours.

    @monkeygourmet, “what games / game studios do you actually like?

    “You have such a strong opinion of a lot of developers but the only game i’ve seen you get a lob on over has been Witcher 2…”

    I like a lot of games and a lot of studios. I said that before a lot of times. If i will start to list them, than holy damn…
    I will just list few games this year that i enjoyed and will enjoy for sure or i hope to enjoy them:
    Witcher II, Deus Ex:HR, SHOGUN:TW, World Of Tanks, Dark souls, Bastion, Portal 2, Red Orchestra 2 (maybe), inFamous 2, Mortal Kombat, Orcs Must Die!
    Games that i want to succeed this year are: Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3:DD, Batman:AC, Might and Magic: Heroes VI, SKYRIM and some games i forgot.

    PS: also, it’s not a strong opinion. It’s just a taste. I can’t like every game out there because not every game out there is a true blockbuster even if someone saying me that by marketing campaign.

    “You were all over Cryteks ass before they released a “console” port of you’re precious Crysis 2 on the PC now, i guess you may aswell quit gaming if it angers you so!”

    I had a lot of anticipation from someone’s “precious” Crytek. But not anymore. I enjoyed their previous games like Far Cry 1 or Crysis 1 a lot.

    #12 3 years ago
  13. Fin

    @12

    |Second, hours does not mean nothing for me and my enjoyment.
    |i’m sure i will spend 400+ hours in SKYRIM in the end with mods and will say meh in the end.

    You’re strange. Between work and social (two things you may be unaccustomed to), I struggle to finish a game every two or three weeks (that’s probably ~30 hours over three weeks). I’d never put more than four or five hours into a game I thought was “meh” or actually disliked.

    Anyway, the problem with Erth isn’t that he doesn’t have game companies he likes, it’s just that every single company in the world falls into “BEST COMPANY EVER CAN DO NO WRONG YES SUPER SAMPLING 64XAA SOFT SHADOWING ORGASM” (eg DICE) or “WORST COMPANY EVAR SHITTY SUB HD GRAPHICS HAHAHHA CONSOLES ARE SHIT” (eg anyone related to a Call of Duty title, anyone related to a Halo title, anything popular).

    @5

    I’ve encouraged him to quit multiple times as he obviously doesn’t enjoy gaming (he enjoys graphics), and because he’s such a bad ambassador for games, but with no success.

    #13 3 years ago
  14. Erthazus

    “anything popular”

    So World Of warcraft, Battlefield, Gears Of War 2-3, Uncharted series, Mario, Guild Wars series, Mario, Zelda are not popular?

    It has nothing to do with popularity and has nothing to do with your “Herp Derp” moment and it has nothing to do with graphics, although graphics is important in certain genres for me on par with gameplay.

    there are games that have few 100K-300K community at best with simple visuals and strong artstyle and they are the best in the genre. Great example of that: Europa Universalis series or Hearts Of Iron series which you probably never heard of of course. I don’t blame you. You are just stupid.

    #14 3 years ago
  15. Fin

    @14

    I take it since that was the only point you argued (and one I put in just to rile you), you’ve no problem with the rest of my characterisation?

    |nothing to do with graphics

    HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR

    #15 3 years ago
  16. DSB

    Some things are better left to speak for themselves.

    #16 3 years ago
  17. DaMan

    No point trying to find logic in that guy’s statements, there’s none. It’s a clusterfuck of ignorance, idiocy and lunacy, and a poorly conveyed one at that.

    #17 3 years ago

Comments are now closed on this article.