320GB HDDs coming to Xbox 360 S for $130

Tuesday, 11th October 2011 19:44 GMT By Andrew Groen

This month, Xbox 360 owners with overburdened hard drives will have a relatively cheap opportunity to stock up on extra space.That is to say, it’s relatively cheap for an Xbox 360 HDD. Relative to any other HDD, you’re paying out the ears.

Still, if you’re a hard drive power-user you might want to consider this upgrade when it releases next month. Especially if you, or someone you know would be interested in using the included free LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars code that’s included with the offer.

Note that the hard drive is only compatible with Xbox 360 S models.

Thanks, GamePro!

1. Bluebird

Isn’t that about as much as a 360 costs these days? :)

2. Maximum Payne

I read like Xbox 360 with 320gb hard drive for 130$ but then I realize that hard drive is 130$ which is way way more expansive by any standards

3. jacobvandy

You really mean relatively fucking overpriced, right? I just bought a 320GB external hard drive for $40… Internal (without the enclosure and plug-n-play USB) would be even cheaper!

4. IL DUCE

First I would need an X Box 360 Slim model but I’m still waiting for a price drop on that…

@1 Not really, unless you want an extremely crappy original model that wouldn’t even be compatible with that HDD…

5. Lounds

I managed to upgrade my 60gb PS3 to 500gb for free lol.

6. minxamo

A couple of weeks ago I bought a 2TB HDD for just over half that price.

Fuck off Microsoft.

7. freedoms_stain

What’s really funny about microsoft HD’s is they’re the exact fucking same hardware as any 2.5″ HD, but you’ve got to pay way over the odds because they put it in an enclosure the only purpose of which is to make you pay way over the odds.

8. polygem

i downgraded from slim back to good ol 120 gb elite. this is my favorite 360 version. 120gb is more than enough for me. i usually only keep the games i play online and trade in all the others or rent them. then some dlc and some arcade stuff…still lotta space. the slim is really just a cash cow aka 360 lifespanexpander imo…and the “original” xbox is the better looking one i think – or maybe it´s nostalgia…

9. ultramega

I think my 500GB hard drive for my PS3, which I bought years ago online, costed about half of that. What a fucking joke, Microsoft.

So no, this is not a “relatively cheap” option to upgrade a hard drive. No one should have to pay 41 cents a GB for a standard laptop hard drive.