Modern Warfare 3 boss talks competition in video interview

Monday, 10th October 2011 15:41 GMT By Andrew Groen

One of the top leaders at Sledgehammer Games sat down with Eurogamer to talk all-things Modern Warfare 3, including his feelings on the competition.

There’s plenty to talk about with this year’s iteration of the Call of Duty series, and Eurogamer recently sat down with the Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder of Sledgehammer Games, Glen Schofield to hash out some of the issues.

Though he plays a little coy in some places, there’s definitely some interesting stuff in this five minute interview. Including, how the division of labor worked between Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward, and what it was like to come into a project steeped in so much turmoil.

Hop on over to Eurogamer to check out the full interview and see lots of flash cuts to things exploding and people dying.

Eurogamer Modern Warfare 3 Interview Glen Schofield

1. DSB

That was surprisingly civilized.

I think CoD is going to take a hit with BF3. DICE have vastly improved their game.

But if people hate campers in CoD, then I don’t know how they’re going to react to being shot by some guy hiding behind a rock on the other side of the map in BF3.

2. OrbitMonkey

^ Or behind bullet proof bushes ;)

3. Ireland Michael

I dedicate this one to our good friend, the beautiful GrimRita…

*to the tune of Madonna’s Material Girl*

You know that we are living in a bullet-proof world,
    and I am a bullet-proof girl!

They can prone and they can snipe
    But we can see the light, that’s right
    Cause the lens flare is so bright that they
    are always in our sights…

Cause we are living in a bullet-proof world,
    and I am a bullet-proof girl!

BULLETPROOF LEAVES! Sing it with me!

Cause we are living in a bullet-proof world…

4. xino

man that looks sweet!

no more cheap tricks like night effect googles

5. GrimRita

Does this have bullet proof leaves as well? I thought it was just BC2 ;) – havent played any CoD games and looking for a new shooter but I dont want any shit

6. Fin

I compare CoD games to action/Michael Bay movies. Yeah they’re silly, and the plot/acting might be rubbish, but they’re still fun, AWESOME, and, shit, EXPLOSIONS!!

I’ve found CoD games to be generally more fun than other FPSes. Sure BC2′s got a whole tactical element; BF1943 was lovely and bright; Halo’s got great balance; Killzone’s really gritty; but I don’t get the same level of core enjoyment and entertainment from them that I get from CoD.

7. GrimRita

Next questions is – will CoD be a port on the PC? I know all the others were. Maybe these guys have pulled their finger out of their arse and given the PC some love

8. Erthazus

Black Ops was a decent port for the PC.

to be honest, MW2 was a decent port also with maybe crappy matchmaking system when after month it was impossible to join to the normal server because of stupid hacks.

Well, anyway, arcade shooter with it’s caramel interface is just an old story. Move on.

9. strikkebil

i cant wait to see what this man makes next.
    sledgehammer is an amazing team, hopefully they wont be making COD games forever.

10. Maximum Payne

@9 What do you think why guys from IW ”quit” ??