Mon, Oct 10, 2011 | 00:09 BST
Dungeon Defenders pre-orders score Valve goodies
Those who pick up Trendy’s cross-platform multiplayer effort Dungeon Defenders on Steam will net some need cross-promotional goodies courtesy of Portal and Team Fortress 2.
Steam pre-orders are ten percent off ahead of the game’s October 20 release, and come with the following exclusive bonuses:
- The Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device for the Huntress hero class. Constantly consuming energy when active, this device allows it’s user to open portals from one location to another and can be used to greatly extend a trap’s range, quickly teleport across the map, or confound enemies!
- Four Team Fortress 2 Familiars:
– The Heavy: Uses his Gatling gun to shoot at enemies from afar.
– The Engineer: Repairs groups of nearby towers while you’re on the offensive.
– The Medic: Heals a group of nearby allies amidst battle.
– The Pyro: Uses a flame-thrower to set your foes on fire.
Dungeon Defenders is a strange blend of RPG, tower defence, and beating the snot out of your friends and loved ones. It has garnered strong interest due in part to its cross-platform play capacities, with Android and iOS versions already available.
The Xbox 360 version is set to launch alongside the PC release, with a PlayStation Network launch planned for later this year.