OnLive adding six more indie titles to the service this fall

Saturday, 8th October 2011 21:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

OnLive has announced it is to bring six additional indie titles to the service this fall: Orcs Must Die, Limbo, Magicka, Bastion, Space Chem, and Avadon: The Black Fortress. According to the press release, via Joystiq: “OnLive has long been a supporter of independent publishers. Simply put, they’re making some really great, innovative games these days.” The service’s library already includes: Braid, Trine, World of Goo and The Maw.

1. Moonwalker1982

I still have no real idea what this Onlive thing is, could it be a competitor for Sony ,MS and Nintendo?

2. Phoenixblight

Not even close because SOny and MS have their own Cloud service just need to switch it to games. Just think Youtube with games that you can interact with ignore your hardware as long as you have a fast connection and like paying 60$ to “own” the game for 3 years.

3. revolting

Has anyone tried OnLive in the UK yet? In the real world in their own home, I mean, not a demo at a convention or whatever. Interested to know how the service holds up with our less than spectacular broadband infrastructure outside of cities.

4. Gekidami

^ A friend of mine has. He said it works well, though the resolution is a bit crappy and it changes constantly depending on connection strength.

5. jnms

@5, I have been using OnLive for a few weeks now. I have a 20mb connection, and live outisde city areas.

The service really is very good. Almost like playing the game locally. Got Deus EX HR for one quid so who can argue.

The service is free to try so why not give it a go?

6. revolting

You have 20mb and live outside of city areas? Shit, I need to move. The best you can get around here is allegedly 5mb, but in practice never more than 1 or 2.

I tried the viewer back before we got local servers, and the experience was much as Gekidami described; variable quality, but otherwise decent enough. But that was just a one-way (viewing) connection to the states. Was just wondering how much it’s improved since the UK launch.

I may well give it a go, but I doubt the endlessly wonderful Somerset connectivity will allow for it.

7. jnms

Well revolting, I didn’t use OnLive before the UK launch. But here’s the deal…I had Deus Ex on XBox, and sold that version as soon as I got access to OnLive, as the OnLive version is very nearly as good.

Reason I get a good connection is because I live a few hundred meters from the exchange. I used to live about 2 miles from the exchange, and then I only got a 500kbps connection…which was totally useless.

But either way, give it a go – you may be surprised…