Stronghold 3 to release on October 25

Friday, 7th October 2011 13:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Firefly’s medieval castle building sim, Stronghold 3, will finally release on October 25 which is almost exactly 10 years since the release of the first entry. A true sequel to the original title, the game sees the return of the franchise’s “most notorious enemy,” The Wolf. Apparently, The Boy didn’t kill the fella after all, and he is out for revenge.

After a couple of delays, the game has gone to press, and can be pre-ordered from Direct2Drive, Steam, GameStop, GreenManGaming, GAME, and GetGames.

1. GrimRita

Already pre-ordered on Steam.

2. turin

Loved the original, and this looks very promising. Might leave it a while though, with so many other great games out this month and next.

3. monty12345

I wonder how many people just found out about this franchise from Giant Bomb relooking at it..?

4. GrimRita

Ive had this on my radar for a while. The money from Bf3 will be paying for this now

5. CityCobra

The original is still the best! I found a review that says:

Stronghold 3 is a successor that takes up the story of the original and continues it. With a back to the roots approach, the game tries to avoid disgrace a la Stronghold 2. The new day and night cycles, plus the physics of collapsing buildings, are a stark contrast to largely drab graphics and some clipping problems. The missing skirmish mode is also a problem. Still, all in all, Stronghold 3 delivers a solid military and economic gameplay.

Gaming XP: 70%

6. GwynbleiddiuM

So how does Stronghold play? I mean I’m no strategy fan the only strategy games I played and liked were StarCrafts, WarCraft 3s and CIVs. Oh I played Uncle Sid’s Railroads too. Also Dune (ancient), Red Alert 2 and of course Total Wars which I didn’t buy all of them and haven’t seen Shogun 2 yet, cause these kind of games are time consuming and I don’t have much. I really waanna know how it is? is there diplomacy, trading and standings involved or is it a simple resource gathering and go there kill that kinda game?