Amazing Uncharted 3 Eurogamer demo footage released online

Friday, 7th October 2011 07:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s released footage of the demo of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception that was shown at Eurogamer Expo a couple of weeks back during the developer sessions held by Naughty Dog lead designer Richard Lemarchand and Nolan North. This shows Drake coming across a “ghost town,” as he fights off enemies within it from what appears to be after the cargo plane level shown at gamescom. Word to the wise: if you’re not on a blackout, get watching below the break – this was properly stunning stuff.

Uncharted 3 launches in the US on November 1 and November 2 in Europe and the UK on PS3. Thanks, GameVideos.

1. Gekidami

HD YouTube video from IGN:

2. ultramega

Much better. Thanks.

BUT WOW. That leaves me speechless, as Uncharted always does.

Seriously though. Naughty Dog are true wizards. I didn’t think graphics like this were still possible on these aging consoles.

3. Gekidami

^ Indeed, it looks like CG at some points, it really is mind blowing. Shame both videos suffer from compression hiding some of the detail.

4. ultramega

Yeah. Always the drawback of the otherwise great Youtube.

5. Gekidami

Theres also some newly released chateau gameplay (its quite different from when it was first shown so look out for spoilers):

And theres the cargo plane section from a later build, its pretty much the same but there are some lighting changes and stuff:

6. ultramega

I think I’ll have to resist the temptation for now then. As much as I love seeing the game, I don’t want it to lack surprises! But thanks for letting me know!

7. Dannybuoy

MUST. NOT. WATCH… nnugh. I have a faulty spoiler cortex in my brain. That looks incredible. The gun fight at the end looks great. The animation looks even more polished than the last one. This can’t come soon enough

8. Takeshi

I seriously need to pester the place where I am going to buy this if I’ll be able to grab it on the release date. Lol, the 2th nov is actually a day where I get off 3-4 hours before usual. Awesome. I just hope the game is solid enough to be played.

9. manamana

The animations and transitions are the best I’ve ever seen.

10. Erthazus

What i like about Uncharted 3… FINALLY, most of the bots have script events.

Uncharted 2 had a lot of static stuff when it comes to bots, but here they finally did it right by making them more effective and surprising.
    AI is also can run now in different directions. I don’t remember TPS or FPS in this gen when NPC can run in different directions.

Unreal tournament 2004 did it before, but it’s cool that someone learn and improve AI.

But shitty cover system is still shitty. Not because Naughty dog did something wrong, but Cover system to begin with is a shit idea. I hate it. With it and with stupid regeneration you are basically immortal.

But what can you say in the era of consolized games. Still, Uncharted 3 is going to be GOTY and i will play the hell out of it with my best friend from University. Yaay.

11. viralshag

@10, “I don’t remember TPS or FPS in this gen when NPC can run in different directions.”

Brink.

12. Erthazus

@11, yeah, you are right. I forgot about it. Thanks.

13. viralshag

I actually think the bots in Brink were some of the best I have played against. On hard you could have some pretty decent matches if players dropped out.

14. Sadismek

Looks like Drake’s Deception is the new GOTY.