Tue, Oct 04, 2011 | 22:35 BST
US News Wrap, October 4 – What Happened Today
Wow. Is the day over already? Thank “insert excited expletive here”.
Lots of stuff happened today. I got confused trying to use math, like a stereotypical American broad; the Apple event blew people away, or back depending on however you felt afterward; and Adobe held its own event showing off what can be done using Flash 11 and in the process, slapped HTML5 around a bit. Okay, I jest on that last line. Or tried to at least.
However, while the Apple event took up the majority of my afternoon, here is what else happened before, during, and after the event – don’t worry, it’s a short list today:
- Battlefield 3 beta simultaneous players up 600% over BC2
- Horde Command Pack for Gears 3 releasing November 1
- Hungry Shark mobile franchise has a 25 million user base
- NFS: The Run demo landing on PSN and XBL October 18
- Study: UK developers conflicted over the future of console and PC games
- Pre-orders for The Darkness II get upgraded to Limited Edition
- PSN Imports debuts in UK with Arc The Lad, Sonic Wings Special, Cho Aniki
- NPD: US game downloads up 17% in 2-14 age group
- Tomb Raider celebrates 15 years with Digital Art Exhibition
- Ezio narrates in latest Assassin’s Creed: Revelations story trailer
- Dual core iPhone 4S hitting October 14 in US and UK
- Unreal Engine 3 brings 3D gaming to Flash
- SWTOR beta testing resumes this weekend
- Tuesday Shorts II: XBL error, Monster Hunter, Castle of Illusion, Arkham City
- Coming soon to the XBL Marketplace: Crysis, Guardian Heroes, Red Steel, Bethesda sale, more
Are You Smarter than a First Grader, Stephany? No. I am not, and I have been banned from using math ever again. Moving right along…
More fun for your killing.
Might have to try this out.
It is now confirmed after being rumored last week.
Fretting and no fretting – just like with any job.
Good deal, there.
‘Bout time the UK got in on the PSone imports.
Pretty soon, kids will be downloading stuff while still in the womb.
Lovely art work there, and more to come over the month.
Best trailer for the game yet, in my opinion.
All the Apple news that’s fit to print.
Flash.. ah ah… he’s a miracle. Wait. Wrong Flash.
Still haven’t been invited.
A short shorts post today with more news out of Japan than usual.
Crysis 1, sales, and lots of games. And no, it’s REAL Steel, not RED Steel. Eye fail is epic eye fail.
And by the way, Kick-Ass used a Mac in the movie. You know, product placement and all that.