Sun, Oct 16, 2011 | 22:40 BST
Tuesday Shorts – Ni No Kuni, FF Type-0, not-actually-Darkstalkers, more
A few little bits and bobs from here and there, lovingly condensed just for you. No really – you.
- This is kind of cool – your Final Fantasy Type-0 characters can continue levelling while the console is asleep. Oh, and Diablos is in it.
- Jonathan Knight has left RockYou for Zynga. Headhunting!
- There’s a very limited Metal Gear Solid Edition of Risk out now.
- Capcom is going to put Darkstalkers costumes in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
- Indie iDevice hit World of Goo is coming to Android.
- NBA 2K12 will release on iPhone, too.
- EA has asked fans to vote on which golfers should appear alongside Tiger Woods in PGA Tour 13.
- Microsoft’s put in a patent for a parental control system powered by Kinect – it guesses your age and is all like, “nuh-uh, no Mortal Kombat for you, shorty”.
- Activision is running another indie gaming competition, with $175,000 up for grabs for the best submission.
- LA Noire and Kinect earned a place in Popular Mechanics’ 2011 awards.
- A tademark has been filed for the PlayStation 3 version of Ni No Kuni, from Studio Ghibli and Level 5, suggesting a Western release. Keep an eye out for official word.
- The PS3 is getting an update which will let it support 4K output; alas, almost nobody has a 4K projector, and there’s very little 4K content out there.
Today’s unrelated street art.